QuickCam multiple cameras

I'm interested in developing an application with multiple cameras
(actually taking still shots from multiple cameras simultaneously),
I've just bought two QuickCam Pro 4000s and there appears to be no
developer type software available anywhere. I've found on-line links
to a supposed sdk but they're all dead links. Does anyone have a copy
of the SDK or know where one can be found?

What's the story on this anyway? Why has the SDK been smoked?

Apparently, the camera can be accessed through some COM object
interface, does anyone have any pointers to details of how this could
be done? I'm interested in using C++ in Visual Studio 6.

Thanks in advance ... Nou Dadoun

----------------------
Nou Dadoun
Eos Systems / PhotoModeler
Leaders in Close Range Photogrammetry
http://www.photomodeler.com
ndadoun AT eossystems.com
604.732.6658 x106
2 answers Last reply
More about quickcam multiple cameras

    "Nou Dadoun" <dadoun@cs.ubc.ca> wrote in message
    > I'm interested in developing an application with multiple cameras
    > (actually taking still shots from multiple cameras simultaneously),
    > I've just bought two QuickCam Pro 4000s and there appears to be no
    > developer type software available anywhere. I've found on-line links
    > to a supposed sdk but they're all dead links. Does anyone have a copy
    > of the SDK or know where one can be found?
    >
    > What's the story on this anyway? Why has the SDK been smoked?
    >
    > Apparently, the camera can be accessed through some COM object
    > interface, does anyone have any pointers to details of how this could
    > be done? I'm interested in using C++ in Visual Studio 6.

    Try the Microsoft DirectX SDK at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9216652f-51e0-402e-b7b5-feb68d00f298&displaylang=en

    -- Bob Day
    Free "HomeSentinal" webcam surveillance software at
    http://bobday.vze.com.

    I realized this morning that Logitech appears to have gone the DirectX
    route when I tried firing up the LeadTools video capture sample application
    and found my picture on the screen when it started! (LeadTools
    multimedia package is a wrapper for DirectShow.) 15 minutes later, I had
    the second camera plugged in and with two instances of the capture app,
    I had side by side stereo video in no time. (The only slowdown
    was putting the second camera on a separate USB controller because of
    bandwidth complaints.) Pretty slick...

    For anyone else who's interested, LeadTools multi-media has a two
    month evaluation edition:
    http://www.leadtools.com/SDK/Multimedia/Multimedia-Products-n.htm

    Thanks again for the pointer ... N

    ----------------------

    "Bob Day" <xxxxxxx@yyyyyyy.com> wrote in message news:<L3imc.12144$vz5.9093@nwrdny01.gnilink.net>...
    > "Nou Dadoun" <dadoun@cs.ubc.ca> wrote in message
    > > I'm interested in developing an application with multiple cameras
    > > (actually taking still shots from multiple cameras simultaneously),
    > > I've just bought two QuickCam Pro 4000s and there appears to be no
    > > developer type software available anywhere. I've found on-line links
    > > to a supposed sdk but they're all dead links. Does anyone have a copy
    > > of the SDK or know where one can be found?
    > >
    > > What's the story on this anyway? Why has the SDK been smoked?
    > >
    > > Apparently, the camera can be accessed through some COM object
    > > interface, does anyone have any pointers to details of how this could
    > > be done? I'm interested in using C++ in Visual Studio 6.
    > >

    > Try the Microsoft DirectX SDK at:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9216652f-51e0-402e-b7b5-feb68d00f298&displaylang=en
    >
    > -- Bob Day
    > Free "HomeSentinal" webcam surveillance software at
    > http://bobday.vze.com.

Webcams Quickcam Cameras SDK Peripherals