Can the real TomsHardware Editor please stand up!!

graywolf

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
But seriously, I would like to see posts moved to the proper topics, or find out why this forum has more misplaced posts, topicwise, than any other. What can I do to help?

If you see something posted in the wrong section, you can use the report feature to bring it to a moderator's attention. They can move it to the proper section.

There are so many threads on this forum, the moderators can't possibly look at each one. If it's not reported, there's a decent chance it will slip through the cracks.

graywolf

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
I see far too many of them to move, and you guys probably don't have the time to move that many. People post things in the strangest places. :eek: but I'll see what I can do.

graywolf

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
Aren't there 9 other foreign language Tom's websites? I see them at the bottom of the page. (if you want to consider British as a diff language:) )

Why we we have more foreign-born folks here than at the other 5 sites where I volunteer, virtualdr.com, etc?

Well, one big one left out is India. But you are probably right, it is more people who can understand english fine, but don't have the patience (or computer knowledge) to find the right location.

graywolf

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
I know, and I'm also at 4 other forums. But I thought you might have meant that we're getting posts from the sister sites. Here's why:

I've been working with a poster here, and every time I get an email notice, it links me to toms in UK. Our thread is there too, and when I reply to her, I'm told to login, then that I'm not a member (I have permanent login here in my cookie.) I'm confused. It's not a similar thread where she posted the same Q, it's the same one. I have to close it, go back to this site, and find the same thread to reply in.

Ah yeah, the UK forum is a disaster. I'm US and get that a lot too, though I don't have to log in again, all that happens is none of my badges show up. It seems US and UK are somewhat merged.

randomizer

Champion
The UK and US forums use the same databases although the UK forum has one extra category full of spam. The actual website software is different, and the UK one is unusable IMO. You get UK forum notices if the reply was posted from the UK forum, and since they are different domains there are separate cookies maintained for each. Therefore if you are logged into one you are not necessarily logged into the other.

Actually the Australian Mirror site is pretty fast ... the content needs a lot of work but the users are really friendly.

We are planning a swimwear photoshoot with all of the Toms writing staff.

The wife can't wait to see Chris A in a pair of Speedos !!!

heh heh