Help how to build a PC with components that fits?

hammercurlman

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
Hello i am a guy on the look after a new computer.

I've figured that its cheapest, and you get more power if you buy parts seperate and assemble them yourself.

I do to the fact that I don't have any expert knowledge i am unsure wich parts i need and if it mathers what firm made them.

the requrements for the computer is that i should be able to last atleast 3-5 years without upgrading(and playin UT2007 in full graphics :D )

the budget is aproxemetly 2500-3000$ +/-

this dose not include monitor. mouse, keyboard, loudspeakers. just the insides of the computer :)

can anyone help me please?

greetings Hammercurlman

k2gremlin

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/11/20/how_to_build_part_1/

Great place to start learning :)

Trust me you do not want to get 100 diffrent people involved in building your comp.. if you do you will learn nothing.

Research alot and find out what you want for parts than swing back by here if you have questions along the way.

Learning is always better than having someone do it for you. best of luck :)

dokk

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/11/20/how_to_build_part_1/

Great place to start learning :)

Trust me you do not want to get 100 diffrent people involved in building your comp.. if you do you will learn nothing.

Research alot and find out what you want for parts than swing back by here if you have questions along the way.

Learning is always better than having someone do it for you. best of luck :)

Too many cooks spoil the meal...

Morton

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2005
Someone should make a list of things that people need to be aware of when they are building a computer themselves. I know one friend shattered his brand new CPU because he applied too much pressure on it while putting the motherboard, the CPU and the fan together.

The budget is very good for a ultra high-end system.
For which parts to choose - not even the "real experts" always agree on what is best.
You can get some good ideas for starting out by visiting websites that have Buyers Guides like this site: Intel Ultra High-End Platform Oct 06
Even recent articles like that one will miss the latest and best new hardware.
Like ASUS P5N32-E nForce 680i SLI and 8800GTX / 8800GTX video cards.
Find review sites and read the articles on hardware you're thinking about.
eVGA's new nForce 680i SLI Mobo
BFGTech GeForce 8800 GTX and 8800 GTS
Then when you've researched all your system parts you'll have high confidence you're spending your money well.
You can bring back your system list here for a final check to make sure you haven't overlooked something and get any final opinions.