Creative Webacm NX Ultra

Is there any way via software to disable the LED in this camera while it's
recording, or come to think of it, on any other make?

Slayer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Mr_K wrote:
> Is there any way via software to disable the LED in this camera while
> it's recording, or come to think of it, on any other make?

yeah cover the led with black tape.....

works with nearly all cameras leds...

regards slayer

--
if the following image offends then dont look at it...

/' /)
,/_ /
/ /
/'_'/' '/'_'7,
/'/ / / /" \
('( ' ' _~/
\ '\
'\' \ \ \ _7
\ (
\ \.

slayer in da house annoying the people

ERROR 404 SIG NOT FOUND . END OF INSTRUCTION , PROGRAM FAILED TO
INITIALIZE. KILL ALL ENEMIES OF THE UK AND COALITION FORCES NOW !!!

SOME PEOPLE ENJOY SIPPING FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE...........

PERSONALLY ,,,, i like to take huge gulps..........

remove my shorts to email me direct....

http://www.rselby.com/tips.htm windowx xp tips

regards slayer

phlem1@myshortsbtinertnet.com

LOL!!!!
Well I was hoping for a more technical answer, maybe some software switch
but the tried and trusted black tape sure does work :)

I have been trying to use webcams for security purposes (no honest!!!) and
they all have LED's!!! Now, when an LED is on....... you don't catch people!
When it's off.. they get interested......

Ah well...

"SlAyEr" <phlem1MYSHORTS@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Mr_K wrote:
> > Is there any way via software to disable the LED in this camera while
> > it's recording, or come to think of it, on any other make?
>
> yeah cover the led with black tape.....
>
> works with nearly all cameras leds...
>
> regards slayer
>

> --
> if the following image offends then dont look at it...
>

> /' /)
> ,/_ /
> / /
> /'_'/' '/'_'7,
> /'/ / / /" \
> ('( ' ' _~/
> \ '\
> '\' \ \ \ _7
> \ (
> \ \.
>

> slayer in da house annoying the people
>
> ERROR 404 SIG NOT FOUND . END OF INSTRUCTION , PROGRAM FAILED TO
> INITIALIZE. KILL ALL ENEMIES OF THE UK AND COALITION FORCES NOW !!!
>

> SOME PEOPLE ENJOY SIPPING FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE...........
>
> PERSONALLY ,,,, i like to take huge gulps..........
>
> remove my shorts to email me direct....
>
> http://www.rselby.com/tips.htm windowx xp tips
>
> regards slayer
>
> phlem1@myshortsbtinertnet.com

Slayer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

thats as technical an answer as i could come up with....apart from opening
the webcam and cutting the contacts.....

anyway for true stealth i supply a one inch square colour wirefree
tranmitting camera....plugs into any composite input

so a tv a video,,,or a capture card....

these are full colour with excellent picture quality and can be hidden very
easily.....

they transmit the image to a receiver which is plugged into the composite
source....possibly a video with which you could record the images...so for
security they are ideal....

they can be hidden inside kids toys or ornaments.....anything yr imagination
can come up with....

they really are very small....

im working on a website with the cameras on but im afraid its still under
construction.....

but ill post it in this ng when ive done it...

anyway they retail at the gadget shop for 100 uk pounds....thats the basic
kit with no adapters for power or scart...

im doing them for 60 uk pounds comes complete with power adapters and scart
connector....all fully tested and working...

i get them direct from the makers in hong kong so i cut out the middle
man...email me if your interested....

regards slayer

SlAyEr wrote:
> thats as technical an answer as i could come up with....apart from
> opening the webcam and cutting the contacts.....
>
> anyway for true stealth i supply a one inch square colour wirefree
> tranmitting camera....plugs into any composite input
>
> so a tv a video,,,or a capture card....
>
> these are full colour with excellent picture quality and can be
> hidden very easily.....
>
> they transmit the image to a receiver which is plugged into the
> composite source....possibly a video with which you could record the
> images...so for security they are ideal....
>
> they can be hidden inside kids toys or ornaments.....anything yr
> imagination can come up with....
>
> they really are very small....
>
> im working on a website with the cameras on but im afraid its still
> under construction.....
>
> but ill post it in this ng when ive done it...
>
> anyway they retail at the gadget shop for 100 uk pounds....thats the
> basic kit with no adapters for power or scart...
>
> im doing them for 60 uk pounds comes complete with power adapters and
> scart connector....all fully tested and working...
>
> i get them direct from the makers in hong kong so i cut out the middle
> man...email me if your interested....
>
> regards slayer

Post some details about your site when you get it up and running.
Sounds an ideal cheap solution to what Im trying to do!