User can't view clock or change screen saver - help

GregF

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004

I have several WinXP PCs and on some of them the User logon cannot
click on the system tray clock/calendar, and/or cannot change the
screen saver power (turn monitor off after _____) settings. I don't
know where to look to change these permissions. I've tried someone's
suggested Registry tweak, but that didn't change anything. I've looked
thru the the Admin Tools - User Rights, but I don't see anything that
would have anything to do with the above.

Hi,

Limited user accounts will not have permissions to change those sorts of
system settings.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

<gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
>I have several WinXP PCs and on some of them the User logon cannot
> click on the system tray clock/calendar, and/or cannot change the
> screen saver power (turn monitor off after _____) settings. I don't
> know where to look to change these permissions. I've tried someone's
> suggested Registry tweak, but that didn't change anything. I've looked
> thru the the Admin Tools - User Rights, but I don't see anything that
> would have anything to do with the above.

On most of my other XP machines they do indeed have the ability to change
this. But I can't figure out where those things are controlled.