User can't view clock or change screen saver - help

I have several WinXP PCs and on some of them the User logon cannot
click on the system tray clock/calendar, and/or cannot change the
screen saver power (turn monitor off after _____) settings. I don't
know where to look to change these permissions. I've tried someone's
suggested Registry tweak, but that didn't change anything. I've looked
thru the the Admin Tools - User Rights, but I don't see anything that
would have anything to do with the above.
2 answers Last reply
More about user view clock change screen saver help

    Hi,

    Limited user accounts will not have permissions to change those sorts of
    system settings.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    <gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
    >I have several WinXP PCs and on some of them the User logon cannot
    > click on the system tray clock/calendar, and/or cannot change the
    > screen saver power (turn monitor off after _____) settings. I don't
    > know where to look to change these permissions. I've tried someone's
    > suggested Registry tweak, but that didn't change anything. I've looked
    > thru the the Admin Tools - User Rights, but I don't see anything that
    > would have anything to do with the above.

    On most of my other XP machines they do indeed have the ability to change
    this. But I can't figure out where those things are controlled.

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Limited user accounts will not have permissions to change those sorts of
    > system settings.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > <gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
    > >I have several WinXP PCs and on some of them the User logon cannot
    > > click on the system tray clock/calendar, and/or cannot change the
    > > screen saver power (turn monitor off after _____) settings. I don't
    > > know where to look to change these permissions. I've tried someone's
    > > suggested Registry tweak, but that didn't change anything. I've looked
    > > thru the the Admin Tools - User Rights, but I don't see anything that
    > > would have anything to do with the above.

Windows XP