How do you totally uninstall Skype?

February 25, 2005 3:06:41 PM

I uninstalled Skype on my HP 4700 and now when ever I turn
it on it gives me a Notification Error saying:
Cannot execute \Program Files\Skype for Pocket PC\Skype.exe

Can anyone help me find where to get rid of this?

..jack
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 5:25:05 PM

Jack,

Using File Explorer, go to Windows/StartUp. You will likely find a Skype
related file there. Tap-and-hold then delete the file.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner

"Jack" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I uninstalled Skype on my HP 4700 and now when ever I turn
> it on it gives me a Notification Error saying:
> Cannot execute \Program Files\Skype for Pocket PC\Skype.exe
>
> Can anyone help me find where to get rid of this?
>
> .jack
February 25, 2005 5:25:06 PM

Hey Clinton,

I thought that too but its not there!

Any other ideas?

..jack

February 25, 2005 6:11:35 PM

Jack,

Interesting... sounds like it is in the registry somewhere then. PHM
Regedit is free and you can search with it as well. I would do a search for
Skype and see if you can weed it out the old fashioned way. You know the
rules: backup and be careful :-D

Regards,

--

> Hey Clinton,
>
> I thought that too but its not there!
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> .jack

February 25, 2005 6:14:49 PM

Thanks Clinton, I'll try that tonight!

..jack

Anonymous
February 26, 2005 12:23:49 AM

Reply to message from "Jack" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> (Fri, 25
Feb 2005 15:51:15) about ""Re: How do you totally uninstall Skype?"":

> Hey Clinton,

> I thought that too but its not there!

> Any other ideas?

Just to add Clinton's as always excellent advice, a notification that skype
installed could be firing off when you restart it, causing some issues.
Grab a free copy of checknotifications from scarybear software and see if
any look suspicious - just be gentle when it comes to blowing away
notifications of which you are uncertain.
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 12:31:04 AM

"Jack" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I uninstalled Skype on my HP 4700 and now when ever I turn
> it on it gives me a Notification Error saying:
> Cannot execute \Program Files\Skype for Pocket PC\Skype.exe
>
> Can anyone help me find where to get rid of this?
>
> .jack

I had the same problem when I installed it on my SD Card.

Try restoring an old backup (Prior to installing Skype) or a Hard Reset
February 28, 2005 11:34:30 PM

In message <uEc5SF4GFHA.2456@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "jren57"
<[jren57]@btinternet.com> wrote:

> "Jack" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I uninstalled Skype on my HP 4700 and now when ever I turn
> > it on it gives me a Notification Error saying:
> > Cannot execute \Program Files\Skype for Pocket PC\Skype.exe
> >
> > Can anyone help me find where to get rid of this?
> >
> > .jack

I'd suggest trying SK Tools. There's a trial but it's only $9.00 to buy. It'll
probably fix that and more. www.s-k-tools.com

Hth,
Dean
!