Sign in with
Your question

Trying to find Good Case and PSU !

Last response: in Components
November 21, 2006 6:15:59 PM

Hi THG.

You might of noticed that iam been posting topics alot recently, well its because iam desperate for a good Case and PSU solution.

So far i have read reviews and checked prices on these Cases with bundled PSU's (Both of which i don't really like)

The Antec Sonata II w/ TruePower 2.0 450W ATX 2.0 PSU (Which would not run my soon to arrive MSI 7900GTO,and some pore person had one blow up hes Abit motherboard'on newegg'.)

The Antec P150 w/ Antec Neo 430w HE PSU (Which the psu still seems a little underpowered and unreliable 'no -5v rail'.)

After heavy thinking and taking onboard the communitys thoughts i might have just come up with a good solution, Please tell me what you think

The Case is a SilverStone TJ04 which to i will be adding a Antec Tricool 120MM at the back, as for the PSU i chose a Zalman ZM460B-APS which seems very powerfull for a single core/gpu system of mine. Both add up to around $250AU

One thing i need to know about the PSU is......

Will it Handle a C2D E6400,Abit AB9,Cosair 533mhz DDR2 1GB value ram and a Seagate 320GB Sata II hard drive (When i have the money to get it.)

Thankyou for your allready great help and i hope you can help me out with my CASE/PSU selection.

BTW Budget is Max $300AU

:EDIT: Just Read some Reviews on the SilverStone ST50EF 500w ATX2.2 PSU it looks good also!

So meny Choices could somebody HELP ME!

More about : find good case psu

a b ) Power supply
November 22, 2006 1:06:01 PM

Yeah, you're better off buying them separately. It might cost more, but at least you can choose a good PSU.
November 23, 2006 7:40:21 PM

Quote:
Yeah, you're better off buying them separately. It might cost more, but at least you can choose a good PSU.

Yeah i thought of that after reading on newegg that atleast 3 people had the SP 450 took out their whole computers.

Looking at SilverStone TJ04 Case w/ Antec 12cm clear tricool And SilverStone EF50 500W PSU ATX2.0 18A on both 12v+ rails
!