8800GTS for $424 (no longer)

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
8800 GTX for 534$?? Damn it, i missed it!

This is abt 50$ lower than what u can find on Newegg.com.
If i dont find anything better, i guess ill take this.

G

ohhh, that is too bad, if you made up your mind earlier we might have pointed you in the riht direction :twisted:

yetanothernoob

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2006
The deal is still there. You just have to go all the way to check out to get the $424 price.

The GTX has gone up, tho. It's now at $594.

Hope that helps...

pauldh

Illustrious
I was all set to buy one for $424 shipped free, until I see $30 tax added to my order. Used to be just Dell Small Business that charged me tax. Oh well, at $454, it's list price, I'd rather wait for them to go under list and get the eVGA with Dark Messiah. Amazing what te extra 7% does to the taste of this deal for me. :roll:

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
I was all set to buy one for $424 shipped free, until I see $30 tax added to my order. Used to be just Dell Small Business that charged me tax. Oh well, at $454, it's list price, I'd rather wait for them to go under list and get the eVGA with Dark Messiah. Amazing what te extra 7% does to the taste of this deal for me. :roll:

i believe the other 8800 gts's, wich cost 450$, are also without tax.

pauldh

Illustrious
The thing is, buy.com, ewiz, zipzoomfly, etc. there is no sales tax to where I live. Newegg, cheifvalue, Dell Small Business, and now Dell home all charge my state sales tax. SO a $424 8800GTS through ZZF would cost me $424, not $454.

pauldh

Illustrious
If I remember right you are from Israel, right? Here in the USA, we have sales tax depending what state you come from. Currently, you don't pay sales tax for online purchases unless the company you are buying from has operations in your state. Newegg and their sister site opened up a warehouse in my state, so now they charge me tax. I think only 4 states pay sales tax when buying from newegg. Zipzoomfly, only California residents pay tax (I think). I dropped my newegg orders down to 1/3 of what I used to do because now with them charging tax, many other reliable sites are often cheaper.

For instance, this 8800GTS below is $469.99 shipped free, so that is exactly what it would cost me. But from newegg, at the same price I would have to add 7% sales tax. Newegg would have to sell it for $439 to end up costing me the same. http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=327710

pauldh

Illustrious
fx55yc2.jpg