I installed the new HOSTS file to IE and now it seems that my refresh lags.
Also, on Firefox, my clock doesn't work correctly. It ticks off 1 sec every
4 seconds or so. Also, refreshing takes about 2 seconds, which is about a
second longer than it used to take before I had to restore my settings.

Any suggestions?

Well, my clock is working in FF now... but refreshes take 3 sec or so in IE
and 1.5 sec in FF

"moofenki" <incowgnito@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I installed the new HOSTS file to IE and now it seems that my refresh
lags.
> Also, on Firefox, my clock doesn't work correctly. It ticks off 1 sec
every
> 4 seconds or so. Also, refreshing takes about 2 seconds, which is about a
> second longer than it used to take before I had to restore my settings.
>
> Any suggestions?

have you tried tweaking firefox by typing "about:config" in the url bar?

if you have broadband then try setting these options in FF config..... (note
your default settings for the following first incase you need to revert
later!)

Set "network.http.pipelining" to "true"
Set "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to "true"
Set "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" to 30

and here's the one that usually makes FF a whole lot faster.......
right-click anywhere on your config screen in FF and select
New/Integer
then name it as "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" and set the value to "0"

This should hopefully make it a load faster because it tells FF not to wait
before doing the next task it has to do.

HTH?

> Well, my clock is working in FF now... but refreshes take 3 sec or so in
> IE
> and 1.5 sec in FF
>
> "moofenki" <incowgnito@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I installed the new HOSTS file to IE and now it seems that my refresh
> lags.
>> Also, on Firefox, my clock doesn't work correctly. It ticks off 1 sec
> every
>> 4 seconds or so. Also, refreshing takes about 2 seconds, which is about
>> second longer than it used to take before I had to restore my settings.
>>
>> Any suggestions?

no luck... thanks though for teaching me something I will soon regret to
mess with ... heh heh heh :eek:)

"NeonBlue" <donot@spamme.thankyou.com> wrote in message
> have you tried tweaking firefox by typing "about:config" in the url bar?
>
> if you have broadband then try setting these options in FF config.....
(note
> your default settings for the following first incase you need to revert
> later!)
>
> Set "network.http.pipelining" to "true"
> Set "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to "true"
> Set "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" to 30
>
> and here's the one that usually makes FF a whole lot faster.......
> right-click anywhere on your config screen in FF and select
> New/Integer
> then name it as "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" and set the value to "0"
>
> This should hopefully make it a load faster because it tells FF not to
wait
> before doing the next task it has to do.
>
> HTH?
>
> "moofenki" <incowgnito@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Well, my clock is working in FF now... but refreshes take 3 sec or so in
> > IE
> > and 1.5 sec in FF
> >
> > "moofenki" <incowgnito@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> I installed the new HOSTS file to IE and now it seems that my refresh
> > lags.
> >> Also, on Firefox, my clock doesn't work correctly. It ticks off 1 sec
> > every
> >> 4 seconds or so. Also, refreshing takes about 2 seconds, which is
about
> >> second longer than it used to take before I had to restore my settings.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions?

oh? :( well it made mine a lot faster and I thought I'd pass on the tweak to
you if it helps :) and you're welcome :) just tweak it carefully and you'll
be okay! lol

another handy thing to do is google something like "firefox speed tweaks"
and see what useful things appear :) good luck!