Webcam CPU usage

Trying to set up my first webcam. Want to use Cam Commander to upload pics
to my website to view at work. One question I have is that everytime I run a
program that activates the webcam my CPU usage pegs at 100% - is this
normal?
I do have a TV card (WinHauppage) - could it be causing some sort of
conflict - both images (TV and Cam) look great.

USB Webcam details:
Driver Description ICatch (VI) PC Camera
Driver Date 8/22/2002
Driver Version 1.0.4.8
Driver Provider Sunplus
INF File spca561.inf

Puter Specs:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 1
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 1600 MHz (4 x 400)
Motherboard Name Intel Pendleton D845PT (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DIMM, Audio)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale i845D
System Memory 384 MB (DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (01/08/02)

Display
Video Adapter C.P. Technologies Inc. RADEON 9000 PRO EVIL COMMANDO - Sec
(64 MB)
Video Adapter C.P. Technologies Inc. RADEON 9000 PRO EVIL COMMANDO (64 MB)
3D Accelerator ATI Radeon 9000 (RV250)
2 answers Last reply
More about webcam usage

    Neeeevvverrrr mind...Reinstalled the drivers..CPU now down to 5% with live
    preview.

    <howa1151@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Trying to set up my first webcam. Want to use Cam Commander to upload pics
    > to my website to view at work. One question I have is that everytime I run
    > program that activates the webcam my CPU usage pegs at 100% - is this
    > normal?
    > I do have a TV card (WinHauppage) - could it be causing some sort of
    > conflict - both images (TV and Cam) look great.
    >
    > USB Webcam details:
    > Driver Description ICatch (VI) PC Camera
    > Driver Date 8/22/2002
    > Driver Version 1.0.4.8
    > Driver Provider Sunplus
    > INF File spca561.inf
    >
    > Puter Specs:
    > Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    > OS Service Pack Service Pack 1
    > CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 1600 MHz (4 x 400)
    > Motherboard Name Intel Pendleton D845PT (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DIMM, Audio)
    > Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale i845D
    > System Memory 384 MB (DDR SDRAM)
    > BIOS Type AMI (01/08/02)
    >
    > Display
    > Video Adapter C.P. Technologies Inc. RADEON 9000 PRO EVIL COMMANDO - Sec
    > (64 MB)
    > Video Adapter C.P. Technologies Inc. RADEON 9000 PRO EVIL COMMANDO (64
    MB)
    > 3D Accelerator ATI Radeon 9000 (RV250)

    Thought I would detail this for the Googlers who buy this wally world
    webcam.

    Seems the the install puts a program called Snapdetect.exe in the Startup
    group. Don't know what the purpose of this program is other than to make the
    CPU sweat but disabling it frees the processor and does not seem to affect
    camera operation.

    > Neeeevvverrrr mind...Reinstalled the drivers..CPU now down to 5% with live
    > preview.
    >

    > <howa1151@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > Trying to set up my first webcam. Want to use Cam Commander to upload
    pics
    > > to my website to view at work. One question I have is that everytime I
    run
    > > program that activates the webcam my CPU usage pegs at 100% - is this
    > > normal?
    > > I do have a TV card (WinHauppage) - could it be causing some sort of
    > > conflict - both images (TV and Cam) look great.
    > >
    > > USB Webcam details:
    > > Driver Description ICatch (VI) PC Camera
    > > Driver Date 8/22/2002
    > > Driver Version 1.0.4.8
    > > Driver Provider Sunplus
    > > INF File spca561.inf
    > >
    > > Puter Specs:
    > > Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    > > OS Service Pack Service Pack 1
    > > CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 1600 MHz (4 x 400)
    > > Motherboard Name Intel Pendleton D845PT (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DIMM, Audio)
    > > Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale i845D
    > > System Memory 384 MB (DDR SDRAM)
    > > BIOS Type AMI (01/08/02)
    > >
    > > Display
    > > Video Adapter C.P. Technologies Inc. RADEON 9000 PRO EVIL COMMANDO - Sec
    > > (64 MB)
    > > Video Adapter C.P. Technologies Inc. RADEON 9000 PRO EVIL COMMANDO (64
    > MB)
    > > 3D Accelerator ATI Radeon 9000 (RV250)

Webcams CPUs Peripherals