dvr card

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
May 13, 2004 12:21:26 AM

got a dvr card yesterday wired up a few cameras and now have four of my
cameras in almost real time on one of my spare monitors.....

looks great.. records on motion detection ...can show up to 16 cameras.....i
have about 7 so im not quite there yet!

most of mine are wireless so that works really well with this card

had it shipped straight from hong kong and only cost 20 quid......thats a
bargain if i do say so myself

built in server too that send it to the net for remote viewing

get one

install it... and get a spare graphics card/monitor hooked up...

its great..

regards slayer

--
if the following image offends then dont look at it...

/' /)
,/_ /
/ /
/'_'/' '/'_'7,
/'/ / / /" \
('( ' ' _~/
\ '\
'\' \ \ \ _7
\ (
\ \.

slayer in da house annoying the people

ERROR 404 SIG NOT FOUND . END OF INSTRUCTION , PROGRAM FAILED TO
INITIALIZE. KILL ALL ENEMIES OF THE UK AND COALITION FORCES NOW !!!

SOME PEOPLE ENJOY SIPPING FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE...........

PERSONALLY ,,,, i like to take huge gulps..........

remove my shorts to email me direct....

http://www.rselby.com/tips.htm windowx xp tips

regards slayer

phlem1@myshortsbtinertnet.com

More about : dvr card

Anonymous
May 13, 2004 3:42:41 AM

that remote server - does that allow viewing through Explorer or other
browsers? And if so, can you get it to create a log file of the viewers and
time connected? And if it does - what's the name of it?
I am in need of a Video Capture card with a built in server that will log
the viewers & times. The DVR part is just gravy.

Thanks.

"SlAyEr" <phlem1MYSHORTS@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> got a dvr card yesterday wired up a few cameras and now have four of my
> cameras in almost real time on one of my spare monitors.....
>
> looks great.. records on motion detection ...can show up to 16
cameras.....i
> have about 7 so im not quite there yet!
>
> most of mine are wireless so that works really well with this card
>
> had it shipped straight from hong kong and only cost 20 quid......thats a
> bargain if i do say so myself
>
> built in server too that send it to the net for remote viewing
>
> get one
>
> install it... and get a spare graphics card/monitor hooked up...
>
> its great..
>
> regards slayer
>

> --
> if the following image offends then dont look at it...
>

> /' /)
> ,/_ /
> / /
> /'_'/' '/'_'7,
> /'/ / / /" \
> ('( ' ' _~/
> \ '\
> '\' \ \ \ _7
> \ (
> \ \.
>

> slayer in da house annoying the people
>
> ERROR 404 SIG NOT FOUND . END OF INSTRUCTION , PROGRAM FAILED TO
> INITIALIZE. KILL ALL ENEMIES OF THE UK AND COALITION FORCES NOW !!!
>

> SOME PEOPLE ENJOY SIPPING FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE...........
>
> PERSONALLY ,,,, i like to take huge gulps..........
>
> remove my shorts to email me direct....
>
> http://www.rselby.com/tips.htm windowx xp tips
>
> regards slayer
>
> phlem1@myshortsbtinertnet.com

Anonymous
May 13, 2004 4:35:00 AM

SlAyEr <phlem1MYSHORTS@btinternet.com> spewed:
> got a dvr card yesterday wired up a few cameras and now have four of
> my cameras in almost real time on one of my spare monitors.....
> looks great.. records on motion detection ...can show up to 16
> cameras.....i have about 7 so im not quite there yet!
> most of mine are wireless so that works really well with this card
> had it shipped straight from hong kong and only cost 20
> quid......thats a bargain if i do say so myself

Ahh - is that one of those DVR cards from eBay? Ya know, the one with the
assloads of listings? Kinda like those little HK mini-BW wireless cams,
you see those "DVR card" auctions quite a bit lately. I've been thinking
about getting something that could function as a multi-viewer or switcher
for all the cams I've got around my house now. :)

--
The Toe Pages:
http://www.rubbertoe.com

L.Coates wrote:
> that remote server - does that allow viewing through Explorer or other
> browsers? And if so, can you get it to create a log file of the
> viewers and time connected? And if it does - what's the name of it?
> I am in need of a Video Capture card with a built in server that will
> log the viewers & times. The DVR part is just gravy.
>
> Thanks.

umm i believe it has its own remote viewer software to view from a remote
location....

but with a bit of joggling and research it should be easy to view it through
explorer....

where theres a wil theres a way...

and i also believe ive seen something in the software relating to a log of
visitors watching too......

id have to do some checking to be sure but i dont see why it doesnt do the
things you ask...

and if it doesnt it can be made to do so.......plus one can always use third
party software to grab the image off screen and upload through a browser....

this software will allow screen grab and logging and viewing thru explorer
http://www.msagentsoftware.com/easyfreewebcam/index.htm...

hope this helps !!

regards slayer

--
if the following image offends then dont look at it...

/' /)
,/_ /
/ /
/'_'/' '/'_'7,
/'/ / / /" \
('( ' ' _~/
\ '\
'\' \ \ \ _7
\ (
\ \.

slayer in da house annoying the people

ERROR 404 SIG NOT FOUND . END OF INSTRUCTION , PROGRAM FAILED TO
INITIALIZE. KILL ALL ENEMIES OF THE UK AND COALITION FORCES NOW !!!

SOME PEOPLE ENJOY SIPPING FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE...........

PERSONALLY ,,,, i like to take huge gulps..........

remove my shorts to email me direct....

http://www.rselby.com/tips.htm windowx xp tips

regards slayer

phlem1@myshortsbtinertnet.com
May 13, 2004 9:03:04 AM

Robert J Batina wrote:
> SlAyEr <phlem1MYSHORTS@btinternet.com> spewed:
>> got a dvr card yesterday wired up a few cameras and now have four of
>> my cameras in almost real time on one of my spare monitors.....
>> looks great.. records on motion detection ...can show up to 16
>> cameras.....i have about 7 so im not quite there yet!
>> most of mine are wireless so that works really well with this card
>> had it shipped straight from hong kong and only cost 20
>> quid......thats a bargain if i do say so myself
>
> Ahh - is that one of those DVR cards from eBay? Ya know, the one
> with the assloads of listings? Kinda like those little HK mini-BW
> wireless cams, you see those "DVR card" auctions quite a bit lately.
> I've been thinking about getting something that could function as a
> multi-viewer or switcher for all the cams I've got around my house
> now. :)

yeah thats the ones they are really good . but id suggest paying a little
more and getting a 16 cam card..

that way when yu wish to expand you can.......

while yr at ebay get some of those cheap wireless cameras too......the
pinhole ones at 20 to 30 quid...

they are fine for use with this card....

i used to see these things in offices and shops on their screen where they
have four cams shpwing and always wanted it myself.....then i googled and
found out about dvr cards.....

i use mine all the time now....but i strongly suggest setting up a mon itor
just for this purpose...

or even a spare pc system would be the next option...as for a security
system they are second to none.....

only had it a few days now so havent got right into the whole set of
functions...but so far so good

they work with composite cameras not webcams so be sure you know what you
are getting...

i had a couple of old camcorders from time gone by kicking about too so i
hooked one of them up....

and if you lok on ebay for wireless cameras they ahve a huge selection of
composite cameras listed..

but the wireless one are really good...

and when set up the system looks really professional.

regards slayer

--
if the following image offends then dont look at it...

/' /)
,/_ /
/ /
/'_'/' '/'_'7,
/'/ / / /" \
('( ' ' _~/
\ '\
'\' \ \ \ _7
\ (
\ \.

slayer in da house annoying the people

ERROR 404 SIG NOT FOUND . END OF INSTRUCTION , PROGRAM FAILED TO
INITIALIZE. KILL ALL ENEMIES OF THE UK AND COALITION FORCES NOW !!!

SOME PEOPLE ENJOY SIPPING FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE...........

PERSONALLY ,,,, i like to take huge gulps..........

remove my shorts to email me direct....

http://www.rselby.com/tips.htm windowx xp tips

regards slayer

phlem1@myshortsbtinertnet.com
May 15, 2004 2:20:53 PM

jesus you wasnt wrong was you.. their prices are mental.....

after seeing that i think i should get ten of these cards and sell them thru
the net.....

i get them for 20 quid and they sell them for 299 dollars?

thing is they will be getting them thru a middle man and not from the makers
so they wont be getting them so cheap..but thats a hell of a steep price....

if you go on ebay bid on one thats at 0.99 but wait untillt here is only an
hour or two left....after postage you are talking 20 quid....then you can
start plugging in cameras.....i have lots of these allready i as do a bit of
buying and selling of wirless cctv systems form home....(just started havent
sold a lot)

so i have a ferw etst cameras sitting around and a couple of camcorders that
i have hooked up too,,

the software that comes with the card is called pico 2000 and runs well
under xp and nt.....not sure how it runs under 98 but should do no
worries....

i still cant get over the fact that them cards on the website are exactly
the same as this one i got for 20 quid.....with software and bnc to phono
connectors too....maybe its time for me to expand to 4 camera set ups?

the part on the site where the card can be used with 8 or 16 cams is a
simple plug in adapter for these cards..... nothing else is needed so they
are a huge rip off.....have a look on google for pico 2000 software it will
tell you a few things...

and have a look on ebay for the wireless cameras that go for 100 quid
elsewhere but you can get them for 20 quid there if you are good at
searching and being patient

anyway have to go source some new bits and bats for my cctv setups.....

good hunting...and order a dvr card they are the exactly the same as the
ones on that site.....

regards slayer

--
if the following image offends then dont look at it...

/' /)
,/_ /
/ /
/'_'/' '/'_'7,
/'/ / / /" \
('( ' ' _~/
\ '\
'\' \ \ \ _7
\ (
\ \.

slayer in da house annoying the people

ERROR 404 SIG NOT FOUND . END OF INSTRUCTION , PROGRAM FAILED TO
INITIALIZE. KILL ALL ENEMIES OF THE UK AND COALITION FORCES NOW !!!

SOME PEOPLE ENJOY SIPPING FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE...........

PERSONALLY ,,,, i like to take huge gulps..........

remove my shorts to email me direct....

http://www.rselby.com/tips.htm windowx xp tips

regards slayer

phlem1@myshortsbtinertnet.com
May 16, 2004 12:25:43 PM

> Some people have had problems using these cards in webcam
> streaming setups. The cards can put the 4 cams on your monitor,
> but the software apparently just switches between the video
> inputs, which doesn't readily work with other webcam software. I
> don't think I've seen a site with one of these cards supplying
> four videos at once. I think there is some issues with the cards
> being knockoffs of a card design, and the supplied software being
> a hacked/pirated version of someone elses software. Using google
> might turn up some info.

i hear you there si...

one thing to watch for when getting one of these cards.....there are 2 major
suppliers in hong kong that i use..

hkezone is one

and chineazone is the other....

i suggest not buying from anyone else unless you know they are a trusted
seller....

they seem to be the best and always deliver the goods as they are
described....

for an example of uses check out my webcam site..
http://www.easyfreewebcam.com/cam/lordquavis/

i have two feeds feeding this site.. a webcam upstairs (smilecam) and my
main pico system downstairs showing four seperate cameras....if you get a
single image then the upstairs software has uploaded....but both softwares
are running on both machines so check back now and then to see if you have
the four image upload

the left hand screens show the wireless mini cameras at work and the right
two screens are a camcorder (top right) and a cctv camera (bottom right)
this shows the software up and running.....

also for yr info im using easyfreewebcam to uplaod these images
http://www.uk-software.com/

i helped develop this software so i know its good and stable...

the pico runs on a spare monitor and graphics card and i use the desktop
capture feature in easywebcam to grab the image......seems to work well for
what i want.....

the pico software does have its own server built in but i dont use that as i
prefer to integrate with easyfreewebcam...plus im too lazy to set it up....

i highly recommend a dvr card and pico 2000 software if what you are looking
for is an easy to set up multiple cameras security system that records on
demand and on motion detection.....

i was thinking about the price of this set up and considering im using
cameras i allready had.. this would cost around 100 quid....thats with 4
cameras and a dvr card//....now i would call that a bargain....

so much of a bargain im setting up a new pc that will be dedicated to my
security system...possibly with a dvr card and 8 cameras......and why not
its cheap enough....

good luck and happy hunting campers he he

[...]

May 16, 2004 4:29:15 PM

?–
"SlAyEr" <phlem1MYSHORTS@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> got a dvr card yesterday wired up a few cameras and now have four of my
> cameras in almost real time on one of my spare monitors.....
>
> looks great.. records on motion detection ...can show up to 16
cameras.....i
> have about 7 so im not quite there yet!

Remember, the more cameras you attach, the less FPS you get.

i.e. the DVR card gives you 25FPS. You attach 4 cameras, you will get
6.25FPS for each.

--

- Tony Sutton
May 17, 2004 12:08:17 AM

Tony Sutton wrote:
> ?-
> "SlAyEr" <phlem1MYSHORTS@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> got a dvr card yesterday wired up a few cameras and now have four of
>> my cameras in almost real time on one of my spare monitors.....
>>
>> looks great.. records on motion detection ...can show up to 16
>> cameras.....i have about 7 so im not quite there yet!
>>

> Remember, the more cameras you attach, the less FPS you get.
>
> i.e. the DVR card gives you 25FPS. You attach 4 cameras, you will get
> 6.25FPS for each.

yeah this is true,,,,,,if yu choose the sequence feature they cam showing
runs at full frame rate.....

i know its not the point but an alternatve to 6 fps

but i like the software even so...

regards slayer

--

!