Computer hangs when webcam plugged in...

Dell Dimension 8300 with NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 graphics. Windows XP Pro
with all updates. M318B USB webcam. Plugged in, camera is detected, and
install begins, yellow bubble pops up identifying camera. Then computer
hangs, necessitating a hard shutdown. Doesn't happen on my other XP system,
but graphics card is different. Anyone suggest a different webcam for use
with the NVIDIA I have, or how to fix problem with current webcam?

Marcus

similar problem. Laptop goes hanged after some minutes of video call. Sometimes works longer, sometimes in a minute.
System memory is 2.5 GB and processor is C2D-2.0
I have even formatted hard-drive properly and installed newer updated version of XP, but the problem is not solved.
Please help.