Video camera as a web cam?

Redfox

Anyone have any info on what video cameras could be used as web cams?

I need a vidcam to transfer many tapes to DVD and later to use as a web cam.

Any possibilities?

TIA

RF

Slayer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

RedFox wrote:
> Anyone have any info on what video cameras could be used as web cams?
>
> I need a vidcam to transfer many tapes to DVD and later to use as a
> web cam.
>
> Any possibilities?
>
> TIA
>
> RF

use any,,, and a capture card.....

digital has better quality....

regards slayer

--
if the following image offends then dont look at it...

/' /)
,/_ /
/ /
/'_'/' '/'_'7,
/'/ / / /" \
('( ' ' _~/
\ '\
'\' \ \ \ _7
\ (
\ \.

slayer in da house annoying the people

ERROR 404 SIG NOT FOUND . END OF INSTRUCTION , PROGRAM FAILED TO
INITIALIZE. KILL ALL ENEMIES OF THE UK AND COALITION FORCES NOW !!!

SOME PEOPLE ENJOY SIPPING FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE...........

PERSONALLY ,,,, i like to take huge gulps..........

remove my shorts to email me direct....

http://www.rselby.com/tips.htm windowx xp tips

regards slayer

phlem1@myshortsbtinertnet.com

If you want to be able to zoom your DV camera with your computer or
over the internet, get a Canon ZR model and use DVdriver software from
www.trackercam.com

"RedFox" <RedFox@NoWhere.con> wrote in message news:<oiRpc.9395$zO3.3942@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
> Anyone have any info on what video cameras could be used as web cams?
>
> I need a vidcam to transfer many tapes to DVD and later to use as a web cam.
>
> Any possibilities?
>
> TIA
>
> RF

Redfox

Thanks Sl and Eagletron for the replies.

Can the DV camera play analog tapes directly to the HD via the capture card?

TIA

RF

"Eagletron" <info@eagletron.com> wrote in message
> If you want to be able to zoom your DV camera with your computer or
> over the internet, get a Canon ZR model and use DVdriver software from
> www.trackercam.com
>

> "RedFox" <RedFox@NoWhere.con> wrote in message
> > Anyone have any info on what video cameras could be used as web cams?
> >
> > I need a vidcam to transfer many tapes to DVD and later to use as a web
cam.

> > Any possibilities?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > RF

Hello,

Yes it's possible but the quality will be less than with a firewire (1394 -
ilink) connection but it's possble if your DV cam has a Analog output

best = DV output => DV input in the computer
medium + = Yc output => yc input
medium - = analog composite output => analog composite input

depending a lot of the quality of the card you use to connect analog video.

Mike
http://www.webcam-montblanc.com

"RedFox" <RedFox@NoWhere.con> a écrit dans le message de
> Thanks Sl and Eagletron for the replies.
>
> Can the DV camera play analog tapes directly to the HD via the capture
card?

> TIA
>
> RF
>
> "Eagletron" <info@eagletron.com> wrote in message
> > If you want to be able to zoom your DV camera with your computer or
> > over the internet, get a Canon ZR model and use DVdriver software from
> > www.trackercam.com
> >

> > "RedFox" <RedFox@NoWhere.con> wrote in message
> > > Anyone have any info on what video cameras could be used as web cams?
> > >
> > > I need a vidcam to transfer many tapes to DVD and later to use as a
web
> cam.
> > >
> > > Any possibilities?
> > >
> > > TIA
> > >
> > > RF

"RedFox" <RedFox@NoWhere.con> wrote in message >

> Can the DV camera play analog tapes directly to the HD via the capture card?

Most DV (firewire) capture cards come with software for capturing DV
video to disk, usually in mpg or avi format. Yoiu will have to check
with the camera manufacturer to determine whether the camera will
convert analog video from tape to firewire out. The Sony TRV cameras can
do that.

Most analog capture cards also come with software for real-time
compression and storage to disk. These are usually more expensive than
firewire cards.

The Hauppauge WinTV-GO is a good inexpensive analog capture card.
TrackerCam, CamPanel, and DVdriver software can all be used with this
card to make analog camcorders into webcams.

Redfox

"Eagletron" <announcement@eagletron.com> wrote in message
> "RedFox" <RedFox@NoWhere.con> wrote in message >
>
> > Can the DV camera play analog tapes directly to the HD via the capture
card?

> Most DV (firewire) capture cards come with software for capturing DV
> video to disk, usually in mpg or avi format. Yoiu will have to check
> with the camera manufacturer to determine whether the camera will
> convert analog video from tape to firewire out. The Sony TRV cameras can
> do that.
>
> Most analog capture cards also come with software for real-time
> compression and storage to disk. These are usually more expensive than
> firewire cards.
>
> The Hauppauge WinTV-GO is a good inexpensive analog capture card.
> TrackerCam, CamPanel, and DVdriver software can all be used with this
> card to make analog camcorders into webcams.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I sent this post weeks agao but it hasn't
appeared on my news server.

RF