Codec error - avi's from logitech camera

"Una" <unacarmody@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have created a number of avi files and posted on a web site. I
get
> an error message when I attempt to play these video's - error
getting
> codec! What needs to be done to fix this?
>
> thanks for your help
>
> avi's are located at http://www.sssschool.org/photos_4_2003.htm

Probably as simple as updating your media player

"Una" <unacarmody@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have created a number of avi files and posted on a web site. I get
> an error message when I attempt to play these video's - error getting
> codec! What needs to be done to fix this?
>
> thanks for your help
>
> avi's are located at http://www.sssschool.org/photos_4_2003.htm

Let me guess, Indeo Video codec and Windows XP SP1, right? Ultimately, you
need to get the right codec.

Marcus

all I got was sound.
and the links appear wacky, needs a tad of html code touch-up.

"Una" <unacarmody@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have created a number of avi files and posted on a web site. I get
> an error message when I attempt to play these video's - error getting
> codec! What needs to be done to fix this?
>
> thanks for your help
>
> avi's are located at http://www.sssschool.org/photos_4_2003.htm

wally

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2001

I am having the same problem, trying to view some vid done on an
Alaris Wee Cam probably on Windows 95. Was getting audio only and
found I needed a vgpx codec to fix the problem. Well, it didn't, still
only getting audio. Alaris is apparently out of business and I pitched
the junky cam when I got my new one. Any ideas on how to fix the
problem? I am viewing with Windows Media Player 9.

On Tue, 18 May 2004 09:41:46 -0700, "ChadMan"
<chadhammer@no-charter-spam.net> wrote:

>"Una" <unacarmody@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I have created a number of avi files and posted on a web site. I
>get
>> an error message when I attempt to play these video's - error
>getting
>> codec! What needs to be done to fix this?
>>
>> thanks for your help
>>
>> avi's are located at http://www.sssschool.org/photos_4_2003.htm
>
>Probably as simple as updating your media player

una

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

Thanks for all your suggestions

Questions are

- do you mean update the windows media player on the server or
client?

- how do I set about getting the latest codec? Are they manufacturer
specific? Is is a driver that I got with the camera?

- I believe the code is fine - unless of course you read that code
and saw something that is incorrect - comment welcome

thanks again

Una

Wally <philtucker@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<ju7la0t47gimbc8df303ubvr9tj4hobkl5@4ax.com>...
> I am having the same problem, trying to view some vid done on an
> Alaris Wee Cam probably on Windows 95. Was getting audio only and
> found I needed a vgpx codec to fix the problem. Well, it didn't, still
> only getting audio. Alaris is apparently out of business and I pitched
> the junky cam when I got my new one. Any ideas on how to fix the
> problem? I am viewing with Windows Media Player 9.
>

> On Tue, 18 May 2004 09:41:46 -0700, "ChadMan"
> <chadhammer@no-charter-spam.net> wrote:
>

> >"Una" <unacarmody@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> I have created a number of avi files and posted on a web site. I
> get
> >> an error message when I attempt to play these video's - error
> getting
> >> codec! What needs to be done to fix this?
> >>
> >> thanks for your help
> >>
> >> avi's are located at http://www.sssschool.org/photos_4_2003.htm
> >
> >Probably as simple as updating your media player

Code http://www.sssschool.org/photos_4_2003.htm

Looks to be you have links that are not being read by properly by IE,
probably simple code errors.
I have not viewed source.
I looked at what IE sees.

i dunno.
example...
clear cache, clear history
choose one and click link;
SEAN NOS DANCING 851KB
CEILI DANCING 2052KB

[A href="photos/AVI_2003/Ceili%20Dancing%201.avi"]SEAN NOS DANCING
851KB[BR][BR]CEILI DANCING 2052KB[/A]

Both links show active when either is clicked. Problem lies ahead of ,
and/or behind of these links - i dunno. Others links are like that too.

"bumtracks" <user@unknown.org> wrote in message
> Code http://www.sssschool.org/photos_4_2003.htm
>
> Looks to be you have links that are not being read by properly by
IE,
> probably simple code errors.
> I have not viewed source.
> I looked at what IE sees.

Have to concur! I saved target as and played one Avi locally and got
sound no vid. So something went wrong in the recording and not the
website.

Slayer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

bumtracks wrote:
> all I got was sound.
> and the links appear wacky, needs a tad of html code touch-up.
>
> "Una" <unacarmody@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I have created a number of avi files and posted on a web site. I get
>> an error message when I attempt to play these video's - error getting
>> codec! What needs to be done to fix this?
>>
>> thanks for your help
>>
>> avi's are located at http://www.sssschool.org/photos_4_2003.htm

if you find codecs are what you want to try
http://nimo.titanesk.com/modules/freecontent/index.php?id=1

have a look on google for nime codec pack too

or use kazaa to track the various codecs down

regards slayer

--
if the following image offends then dont look at it...

/' /)
,/_ /
/ /
/'_'/' '/'_'7,
/'/ / / /" \
('( ' ' _~/
\ '\
'\' \ \ \ _7
\ (
\ \.

slayer in da house annoying the people

ERROR 404 SIG NOT FOUND . END OF INSTRUCTION , PROGRAM FAILED TO
INITIALIZE. KILL ALL ENEMIES OF THE UK AND COALITION FORCES NOW !!!

SOME PEOPLE ENJOY SIPPING FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE...........

PERSONALLY ,,,, i like to take huge gulps..........

remove my shorts to email me direct....

http://www.rselby.com/tips.htm windowx xp tips

regards slayer

phlem1@myshortsbtinertnet.com