Login Password window?

December 28, 2004 9:12:41 AM

I would like windows xp to start without having the password window open. I
used to beable to restart windows xp without the box coming up but now it
always asks for a password.

More about : login password window

Anonymous
December 28, 2004 12:23:16 PM

Hi Larry,

Click start/run, type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and
click ok. Uncheck the box requiring a username and password, click apply/ok
and follow the prompts to set up a default logon.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Larry D Gibbs" <gibbsld@msn.com> wrote in message
>I would like windows xp to start without having the password window open. I
>used to beable to restart windows xp without the box coming up but now it
>always asks for a password.

Anonymous
December 28, 2004 7:52:19 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.

news:o xFq%23hO7EHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi Larry,
>
> Click start/run, type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and
> click ok. Uncheck the box requiring a username and password, click
> apply/ok and follow the prompts to set up a default logon.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Larry D Gibbs" <gibbsld@msn.com> wrote in message
>>I would like windows xp to start without having the password window open.
>>I used to beable to restart windows xp without the box coming up but now
>>it always asks for a password.

December 29, 2004 5:07:00 PM

Larry D Gibbs wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply.

> news:o xFq%23hO7EHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>
>>Hi Larry,
>>
>>Click start/run, type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and
>>click ok. Uncheck the box requiring a username and password, click
>>apply/ok and follow the prompts to set up a default logon.
>>
>>--
>>Best of Luck,
>>
>>Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
>>http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
>>www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>>"Larry D Gibbs" <gibbsld@msn.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I would like windows xp to start without having the password window open.
>>>I used to beable to restart windows xp without the box coming up but now
>>>it always asks for a password.

Larry i was as you, did nt like the password every time i restarted.
for along time i had it that way and it was ok, for a time then things
like my computer would freeze up. get booted off yahoo get boot off the
Internet even. they where hackers and Trojan programs hitting my
computer. i hope you will give this and chance at this link, you might
need to copy and paste into your browser
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...
< there something every good about the tweak ui you can put an
password in it that will automatily use when restarting.
give this a chance cause an strong password will help every much with
security it starts with 7 digits to 14. just write down and put it way
for later if needed i put mine on a floppy in a word document. and hide
it.i found that mine would only let me put 11 digits in it not 14 i
think its for business the last three making 14 digits.
Larry if you have trouble i will help in this matter. you can contact me
at whitehackersunited@yahoo.com if you need more help. your computer
is naked without an password. this found out for my self not from the
experts so called. i think its all about people have to have helper
program when you don t use the strong password on your computer. what is
helper programs like aluria"s spy ware and there is so much more helper
programs i use some of them but not as much now since i found out about
the strong password meanings, there is so much to it that it does for
your computer then what i found only the half of it.
!