Login Password window?

I would like windows xp to start without having the password window open. I
used to beable to restart windows xp without the box coming up but now it
always asks for a password.
3 answers Last reply
More about login password window

    Hi Larry,

    Click start/run, type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and
    click ok. Uncheck the box requiring a username and password, click apply/ok
    and follow the prompts to set up a default logon.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Larry D Gibbs" <gibbsld@msn.com> wrote in message
    >I would like windows xp to start without having the password window open. I
    >used to beable to restart windows xp without the box coming up but now it
    >always asks for a password.

    Thanks for the quick reply.

    Larry D Gibbs wrote:
    > Thanks for the quick reply.

    >>Hi Larry,
    >>
    >>Click start/run, type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and
    >>click ok. Uncheck the box requiring a username and password, click
    >>apply/ok and follow the prompts to set up a default logon.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Best of Luck,
    >>
    >>Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    >>http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >>Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
    >>www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >>Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>
    >>"Larry D Gibbs" <gibbsld@msn.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I would like windows xp to start without having the password window open.
    >>>I used to beable to restart windows xp without the box coming up but now
    >>>it always asks for a password.

    Larry i was as you, did nt like the password every time i restarted.
    for along time i had it that way and it was ok, for a time then things
    like my computer would freeze up. get booted off yahoo get boot off the
    Internet even. they where hackers and Trojan programs hitting my
    computer. i hope you will give this and chance at this link, you might
    need to copy and paste into your browser
    < there something every good about the tweak ui you can put an
    password in it that will automatily use when restarting.
    give this a chance cause an strong password will help every much with
    security it starts with 7 digits to 14. just write down and put it way
    for later if needed i put mine on a floppy in a word document. and hide
    it.i found that mine would only let me put 11 digits in it not 14 i
    think its for business the last three making 14 digits.
    Larry if you have trouble i will help in this matter. you can contact me
    at whitehackersunited@yahoo.com if you need more help. your computer
    is naked without an password. this found out for my self not from the
    experts so called. i think its all about people have to have helper
    program when you don t use the strong password on your computer. what is
    helper programs like aluria"s spy ware and there is so much more helper
    programs i use some of them but not as much now since i found out about
    the strong password meanings, there is so much to it that it does for
    your computer then what i found only the half of it.

Login Microsoft Windows XP