Three new games

"Dave and Megan" <danhorn3@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
news:uBzie.4042$Rr3.1464@read1.cgocable.net...
> Cool, the Nestle one has a korbat for the main character. :)

Yes, and I can't catch the "treats".

daramark

Dave and Megan wrote:
> Cool, the Nestle one has a korbat for the main character. :)

I like Korbats but since I boycott Nestle I guess I cannot play that game.

Gareeth holding up sign saying Nestle is evil.

Personally... I dont think the buzz's should be holding the big red
popsicles... at least not HOW they are situated.... nuff said?

Gareeth wrote:
> Dave and Megan wrote:
>
>>Cool, the Nestle one has a korbat for the main character. :)
>>

> I like Korbats but since I boycott Nestle I guess I cannot play that game.
>
> Gareeth holding up sign saying Nestle is evil.

but but but they have the rabbit with the chocolate milk and the funny
commercials...
Why're they evil and should I join in the boycott? I haven't had a good
boycott in ages.

--
http://www.simplerich.com/blog

Read my book!!!

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

Gareeth [Gareethnews@hotmail.com] said
> Dave and Megan wrote:
> > Cool, the Nestle one has a korbat for the main character. :)
> >
> I like Korbats but since I boycott Nestle I guess I cannot play that game.
>
> Gareeth holding up sign saying Nestle is evil.

Have they done anything specific to offend you?

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Gareeth [Gareethnews@hotmail.com] said
>> Dave and Megan wrote:
>> > Cool, the Nestle one has a korbat for the main character. :)
>> >
>> I like Korbats but since I boycott Nestle I guess I cannot play that
>> game.
>>
>> Gareeth holding up sign saying Nestle is evil.
>>

> Have they done anything specific to offend you?

Its probably because.........
Nestlé is the target of a boycott in 20 countries because it aggressively
markets baby foods, breaking World Health Assembly marketing requirements
and contributing to the death and suffering of infants around the world.

"~Kerry~" <kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Gareeth [Gareethnews@hotmail.com] said
>>> >
>>> I like Korbats but since I boycott Nestle I guess I cannot play that game.
>>>
>>> Gareeth holding up sign saying Nestle is evil.
>>>

>> Have they done anything specific to offend you?
>
> Its probably because.........
> Nestlé is the target of a boycott in 20 countries because it aggressively
> markets baby foods, breaking World Health Assembly marketing requirements and
> contributing to the death and suffering of infants around the world.

Also, many years ago, when asked to donate baby formula to third world
countries, they did, but instead of the ready-mixed formula, it was the powder
kind that needs to be mixed with clean water. Most of the recipients didn't
have clean water. This is from memory, but I think it's accurate.

Rich G. wrote:

> but but but they have the rabbit with the chocolate milk and the funny
> commercials...
> Why're they evil and should I join in the boycott? I haven't had a
> good boycott in ages.

What Kerry said was correct about why I boycott them. Many years ago a
church I used to go to organzied a boycott on Nestly chocolate bars that was
instrumental in them stopping marketting formula to third world countries
but they quietly started up again. People who can't afford formula going
with that and not breast milk because they think it is modern is bad enough
but the quality of the water in many of those places is such that this
hugely impacts infant death and disease. There is tons of information on it.
It is a hard thing to boycott actually not so much for me for the chocolate
milk but I enjoy icecream and in the summer the closest store to me only
stocks nestle icecream. But I suppose one should suffer a little for ones
principles.

Gareeth

~Kerry~ wrote:
> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Gareeth [Gareethnews@hotmail.com] said

>>>I like Korbats but since I boycott Nestle I guess I cannot play that
>>>game.
>>>
>>>Gareeth holding up sign saying Nestle is evil.
>>>

>>Have they done anything specific to offend you?
>

> Its probably because.........
> Nestlé is the target of a boycott in 20 countries because it aggressively
> markets baby foods, breaking World Health Assembly marketing requirements
> and contributing to the death and suffering of infants around the world.

we're not supposed to sell baby food or advertise it? seriously?

--

~Kerry~ [kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com] said

> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Gareeth [Gareethnews@hotmail.com] said
> >> >
> >> I like Korbats but since I boycott Nestle I guess I cannot play that
> >> game.
> >>
> >> Gareeth holding up sign saying Nestle is evil.
> >>

> > Have they done anything specific to offend you?
>
> Its probably because.........
> Nestlé is the target of a boycott in 20 countries because it aggressively
> markets baby foods, breaking World Health Assembly marketing requirements
> and contributing to the death and suffering of infants around the world.

Oh yes, I remember that although I didn't remember that it was Nestles.

Weren't they pushing formula baby milk by trying to convince mothers
that it was better than breast milk?

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

Gareeth [Gareethnews@hotmail.com] said
> Rich G. wrote:
> >
> > but but but they have the rabbit with the chocolate milk and the funny
> > commercials...
> > Why're they evil and should I join in the boycott? I haven't had a
> > good boycott in ages.
>
> What Kerry said was correct about why I boycott them. Many years ago a
> church I used to go to organzied a boycott on Nestly chocolate bars that was
> instrumental in them stopping marketting formula to third world countries
> but they quietly started up again. People who can't afford formula going
> with that and not breast milk because they think it is modern is bad enough
> but the quality of the water in many of those places is such that this
> hugely impacts infant death and disease. There is tons of information on it.
> It is a hard thing to boycott actually not so much for me for the chocolate
> milk but I enjoy icecream and in the summer the closest store to me only
> stocks nestle icecream. But I suppose one should suffer a little for ones
> principles.

Good for you. :)

Rich G. wrote:

> we're not supposed to sell baby food or advertise it? seriously?

Not to countries where the people will sacrifice everything to buy it
because they see it as modern even when it means other family members go
hungry as a result. Plus in those coutries they don't have clean water to
mix the formula with so the babies are dying and getting disaease from the
water.

Gareeth

Gareeth wrote:

> Gareeth holding up sign saying Nestle is evil.

I never even heard of this boycott until now. But I've got to think
that if a corporate boycott has been in effect since 1988, maybe it's
not working and it's time to try something new.