Office Work / Web Surfing Computer Building Help (for mom)

joemawlma

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2006
I'm just wondering if anyone would be able to give some input on finding inexpensive quality components for building my mom a new computer.

She'll mainly be using it for connecting to her work, using office type programs, surfing the web, and maybe some 2D gaming.

I'd like to go with AMD. Please no Dell. I'm looking for quality and something that will last a while.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Recent related forum links I may have missed would be helpful too.

Thanks.

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
dude, just get a dell, seriously. not worth it to build yourself if $300 is all your planning on spending, as much as i hate dell, thats best for this kind of computer.

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Please no Dell. I'm looking for quality and something that will last a while.

Dell is quality for $300, if you build yourself you'll have to majorly skimp on the mobo, intagrated gfx, majorly cheap case, ect. go to dell and look at there base line pc, $359 with home installed, 512mb of ram, and a Sempron 3400, thats more then what you could do with $350 if you build your self.

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Please no Dell. I'm looking for quality and something that will last a while.

Dell is quality for $300, if you build yourself you'll have to majorly skimp on the mobo, intagrated gfx, majorly cheap case, ect. go to dell and look at there base line pc, $359 with home installed, 512mb of ram, and a Sempron 3400, thats more then what you could do with $350 if you build your self.

Exactly... would you rather your mom calls you when this cheap PC breaks? Or would you rather have her call Dell??? :D