frozen windows and systemworks 2005 replacement

I installed Norton SystemWorks and Internet Security 2005 a few months ago
and immediately had the problem of 'frozen windows' where the 'close' button
was dimmed and the window was frozen in place and would not close. The only
way to close the window, or application, is via Task Manager. The problem is
irritating enough that I am seriously considering replacing Norton entirely.
Any suggestions?

Walter K.

"walter a kehowski" <wkehowski@cox.net> wrote in message
> I installed Norton SystemWorks and Internet Security 2005 a few
> months ago and immediately had the problem of 'frozen windows' where
> the 'close' button was dimmed and the window was frozen in place and
> would not close. The only way to close the window, or application, is
> via Task Manager. The problem is irritating enough that I am
> seriously considering replacing Norton entirely. Any suggestions?
>
> Walter K.

Get rid of anything from Norton or McAfee, especially since you also use
Outlook Express.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com