Best processor for audio conversions: AMD or Intel?

halcyon

Splendid
I'm sure this has been asked somewhere before. I'm considering an AMD 5200 X2 or an Intel E6600. Which one would perform better, in your opinion for ripping and multi-threaded audio conversions (WAV to AAC)? Thanks for your time. I'm imagining that both would be noticably faster than my current Intel 940 D 3.2Ghz...right?

432-464-183.png

As can be seen from this link, the E6600 even beats out the more expensive Athlon64 FX 62 in encoding.

halcyon

Splendid
Thank you. I apologize for wasting your time by not checking that out initially myself. Thanks again. E6600 here I come...but the durned mobos cost a bit more than the AMDs...oh well...thanks again!

If the Asus costs under $200, most likely yes. As a rule in my humble but going to be flamed for opinion, you only get good quality from Asus when you buy either the over $200 models (not the nForce chipsets though) or buy the ASRock.
@apt403
Not green tea, I don't have any free leaves to brew. I'm using some "brown tea" with honey and lime.

halcyon

Splendid
Hmm...the DS3 doesn't have Firewire...and since it is for my audio rig to which I'll want to occasionaly plug in...you guessed it...an iPod. ...want Firewire. Thanks for the tips though.

G

Look at the SilverStone Tj07 =).

I might suggest getting the Antec P180B from frys outpost at ~80$ on hell of a case for that price!

G

whatttevvverr, half the thread go down worst road nowadays!

I lost my mind and paid 286 for a Tj-09 Black with a window, at least, it is shipped for that price =)

A case will follow you for 5+ years if it is roomy enough =)

G

Nzxt are really nice. from what I hear, similar quality to Lian-li ans SS but the price are pretty good!

thats is a nice case, considered it when buying mine I don't think you would regret it.

Thats what I got I love the clean look so much!
tj09-1.jpg

halcyon

Splendid
That's sweet... and it looks expensive. I wasn't really planning to spend $1,300 on a rig I truly don't need...just want. ...but you're right...a nice case goes a long way.