samsung 151s opinions?

G

hi guys, I have read two good reviews of the samsung 151s. CNET and neoseeker. CNET says it's probably the best value 15" LCD. The specs are great and the price is really good ($569 CAD here in vancouver). One spec that caught my eye is 25ms response time. People say it's more like 30 or 35ms. Any opinions on the samsung 151s response time or anything else? I believe the screen is the same in the 151mp (integrated hdtv) and 151b (integrated speakers) because the specs are identical for those monitors. Please share your experience, thanks.

stephpar

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2002
Hey there...i'm a vancouver dude looking at the same monitor. My friend bought it in Taiwan and swears by it. His is the black one with the pivot stand. It's great and response times, he says, are great. I haven't seen it myself, but his points of reference are FS2002 and a whole lote of Everquest. He says he doesn't notice anything. There's a store in Richmond called A-Power that had one on display. The screen didn't look good at all there, but i ran some tests on it, and it was obviously not properly set up. Tests were from www.monitorsdirect.com/toolkit . Anyhow, it failed the contrast test which told me it wasn't set up like my buddy's in Taiwan, but it did have a ghost trail test. It looked good to me, but my only point of reference is a NEC 1530V which diplayed slight ghosting on the same test. Mind you...that screen is only 400CAN in town right now. Anyhow...let me know how it goes...i'm buying in about a month and this seesms far and above the best screen in the price range.

Take care
Steph

--------------------------
Just a broke Canadian Boy!

TRENDING THREADS