someone knows a good streaming software ... ?

Carsten

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

Hi,

does someone knows a good stramingsoftware for a webcam and isdn ?
I want to stream in realtime to a streamserver with a reduced
framerate, so I can use a higher resolution.

please help,

Carsten

Carsten <carsten.radke@web.de> spewed:
> Hi,
>
> does someone knows a good stramingsoftware for a webcam and isdn ?
> I want to stream in realtime to a streamserver with a reduced
> framerate, so I can use a higher resolution.
>
> please help,
>
> Carsten

The free version of WebcamXP can do what you need... it streams in either
java, javascript, or shockwave flash... of course I can't find a link to
it now, but I found it with minimal searching when I originally stumbled
across it.

http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/10/20/10-20-7.shtml

that might be it... but anyway - there is a free version floating around
out there (legit, but old) and it works fine for basic usage.

--
The Toe Pages:
http://www.rubbertoe.com

"Carsten" <carsten.radke@web.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> does someone knows a good stramingsoftware for a webcam and isdn ?
> I want to stream in realtime to a streamserver with a reduced
> framerate, so I can use a higher resolution.
>
> please help,
>
> Carsten
Actually, I swear by Windows Media Encoder - and what's more, it's free!!

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.aspx

T.