Recommendation for headphones.

Arucard

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
In my office, I am stuck a meter away from a very noisy server, all day, every day. Now that it's warming up for summer, it's getting even noisier, and my sanity is slowly cracking. I play music out of my laptop to break up the monotonous sound, but there are other's in the office, so if it's loud enough for me to hear over the server drone, it's loud enough to distract them. I've been given permission to wear headphones in the office, and am looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones that will blocvk out the server noise as well. I was thinking the type that go right in the ear canal would be best.

Any recommendations? While I know they won't be as good at blocking external noise, I like the look of these:
http://www.pccasegear.com.au/prod4139.htm
But these would probably be better, except they don't seem to be on Sennheiser's main site.
http://www.pccasegear.com.au/prod3446.htm

Any recommendations of other brands or types? I already have a pair of Sennheiser HD595s at home.

SciFiMan

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
Yes, you defineately need noise cancelling headphones. There a couple good models for under $100. Google for reviews in your price range. You can also make your company pay for them, as your situation can damage your hearing. Or they can choose to move you to a safer workstation. To this day, when I'm in some data centers I have a hard time hearing. I've lost some range. If they give you any shit, just call OSHA.

chased13

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
creative ep 630.... great for 30$

full size the senn 280pro blocks a ton of noise cost 75$

go to www.head-fi.com

the people there are headphone fanatics in general and will help you out a lot.

nevesis

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
earbuds are not very good in my opinion, BOSE TRISPORT.. all night long.. .light as a feather, extremely comfortable and best of all they sound amazing.. not to mention they cancel out tons of external sounds!

they are not the most durable headphones though, and a little expensive.

Arucard

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
well, like I said, I have a good pair of headphones at home, I need discrete, noise-blocking/cancelling earphones for work.