Access to LAN & internet using BlueTooth connection

February 27, 2005 8:48:24 PM

I am using ITV BlueSoleil v1.4.9.5 utility program for my EagleTec USB
adapter and pda phone. Via ActiveSync, I can connect to internet by
enabling Serial A, Personal Area Networking and Headset Audio Gateway
profiles. In BlueSoleil, there are 10 profiles as below:-

Serial A
Serial B
Personal Area Networking
Headset Audio Gateway
Basic Image Push
LAN Access
AV Headphone
Object Push
File Transfer
Information Synchronization

I want to access the resource on LAN and connect to internet without going
thru ActiveSync. Can someone advise how to accomplish it. In addition, is
there any place to have detailed description about other profile usage.

Thanks,

Ray
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 2:27:52 AM

Since the BlueSoleil seems to support PAN (Personal Area Network) I believe
it also provides a virtual network adapter. You could simply click in both
adapters on your computer and Bridge the connections, assuming you're using
Windows XP.

You don't say what Pocket PC you are using, but iPAQ, Dell, PDA2k (both GSM
and CDMA versions like the Verizon XV6600 and TNZ Harrier), and the newer
Toshiba support PAN. You can just use the Bluetooth Manager on these PDA to
connect to a network - which will be the one created on your computer.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com

"Ray" <NoSpam-ray.ck.li@Gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am using ITV BlueSoleil v1.4.9.5 utility program for my EagleTec USB
> adapter and pda phone. Via ActiveSync, I can connect to internet by
> enabling Serial A, Personal Area Networking and Headset Audio Gateway
> profiles. In BlueSoleil, there are 10 profiles as below:-
>
> Serial A
> Serial B
> Personal Area Networking
> Headset Audio Gateway
> Basic Image Push
> LAN Access
> AV Headphone
> Object Push
> File Transfer
> Information Synchronization
>
> I want to access the resource on LAN and connect to internet without going
> thru ActiveSync. Can someone advise how to accomplish it. In addition,
> is
> there any place to have detailed description about other profile usage.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray

February 28, 2005 11:56:03 PM

Mauricio,

Thanks for your reply. I am using O2 Xda II mini and it is running on
WM2003SE. There is no so-called Bluetooth Manager on the device. On my
desktop pc, I note that Local Area Connection 4 is Bluetooth PAN Network
Adapter under LAN or High-speed Internet. The status is Network Cable
Unplugged, firewalled and do not know what it means.

I tried to check the option of Allow other network users to connect through
this computer's internet connection in Advanced Tab of Local Area Connection
4 Properties. A caution box came out saying that "An error occurred while
Internet Connection sharing was being enabled. Internet Connection Sharing
(ICS) cannot be enabled due to an IP address conflict on the network. ICS
requires the host be configured to use 192.168.0.1. Please ensure that no
other client on the networks is configured to use 192.168.0.1".

192.168.0.1 is being used by my wireless AP. Do I must change the AP to
other IP? Is it possible to change this setting to other IP?

Thanks,

Ray

"Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> Since the BlueSoleil seems to support PAN (Personal Area Network) I
> believe it also provides a virtual network adapter. You could simply click
> in both adapters on your computer and Bridge the connections, assuming
> you're using Windows XP.
>
> You don't say what Pocket PC you are using, but iPAQ, Dell, PDA2k (both
> GSM and CDMA versions like the Verizon XV6600 and TNZ Harrier), and the
> newer Toshiba support PAN. You can just use the Bluetooth Manager on these
> PDA to connect to a network - which will be the one created on your
> computer.

> http://www.geekzone.co.nz
> http://www.geekmac.com
> Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
>

> "Ray" <NoSpam-ray.ck.li@Gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I am using ITV BlueSoleil v1.4.9.5 utility program for my EagleTec USB
>> adapter and pda phone. Via ActiveSync, I can connect to internet by
>> enabling Serial A, Personal Area Networking and Headset Audio Gateway
>> profiles. In BlueSoleil, there are 10 profiles as below:-
>>
>> Serial A
>> Serial B
>> Personal Area Networking
>> Headset Audio Gateway
>> Basic Image Push
>> LAN Access
>> AV Headphone
>> Object Push
>> File Transfer
>> Information Synchronization
>>
>> I want to access the resource on LAN and connect to internet without
>> going
>> thru ActiveSync. Can someone advise how to accomplish it. In addition,
>> is
>> there any place to have detailed description about other profile usage.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ray

Anonymous
March 1, 2005 10:08:09 AM

The O2 XDA II mini is the same as i-mate Jam - it runs the Microsoft
Bluetooth software, which is not LAN friendly unlike others, so I wouldn't
bother changing your network because of it...