How to check the BOM error of 8800GTX?

tolemi

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
Is there any way to find the BOM error by just checking the card i mean what is the actual register value so that it can easily identified which one is wrong and which one is correct? If we can get the wrong and correct register value then it would be very easy to check the card whether is faulty or correct one.

niz

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
Is there any way to find the BOM error by just checking the card i mean what is the actual register value so that it can easily identified which one is wrong and which one is correct? If we can get the wrong and correct register value then it would be very easy to check the card whether is faulty or correct one.

I presume you're talking about the resistor replacement. It was only a passive component change so it probably wouldn't change a register value anywhere but I could be wrong.

I understand no cards actually got shipped without this change being made so you will have the fix for sure. To be sure though, you can look at the card.

This article explains what to look for:
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/417/1/

I hope your eyes are better than mine. That thing is so small I can hardly see it let alone read the number on it.