The_DiVa

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
hello all
i was asking whether the PentiumD is the same as the Pentium Duo Core 2? wats the difference between these two processors?
which one operates faster?and which one is the most recent?
i really cant figure this out... please help me out.
Thanks
The_DiVa

dlmacline

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2006
PD and Core 2 = both dual cores

PD = hot headed crammer
Core 2 = cool James Bond genius

and if you would ask..

Athlon x2 = the guy who likes to keep himself in between :)

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
PD = hot headed crammer
Core 2 = cool James Bond genius

lol.

the C2D's are the best cpu's right now, i still want to see what amd brings to the table after 4x4 though.

*cough*nobody likes onions*cough*

just a test...

opentoe

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004
Pentium D 900 series is based on 65nm, 64bit and Vista ready at 3.2Ghz can be bought for less then $200. I think I'm gonna grab a 945 for $166. Better then paying hundreds more (which the C2's are) for such a new type of processor. Specially when the quads will be out and all these C2's will be a thing of the past very quickly.

Even while writing this anyone with a decent P4 system should stick with it and wait until the quads come out....and if you really want a C2, they will be hundreds less then what most people paid that have them now. Quads of course will be over-priced as usual. NEVER buy a new processor from Intel...it's such a marketing scheme that everyone is drawn into, it's incredible.

opentoe

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004
If your motherboard supports it why not get an E6300? They are about $180 and are much better than a pentium D.

Why does one of these new ones only have 2mb L2 cache and the Pentium D's have 4mb? What's up with that? Actually, you gotta move up the high priced E6600 for the 4mb L2 cache. This truly does make a difference. I'd still rather get a 4mb 945 series, 1.4V, I doubt heat will be an issue.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Pentium D have 4mb because they are dual-core and each core has 2mb of cache.

samething with Core 2 Duo Processors but 2 models of them E6300 and E6400 have only 2Mb which are the entry level processors and the other three E6600 E6700 and X6800 have 4mb which are for the enthusiasts.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
He is a complete re..t...d

No matter how many Pentium D intel releases, Core 2 Duo will kick them out of the benchmarks! for the same price of the 945 (or even less I think) you can get the E6400 which outperforms the 945!

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
He is a complete retard

fixed.

the Pentium 4's and D's have these use's now a days

EXTREME budget box for intel fanboys
lowly upgrade to a budget box with a celeron or something in it
keychain
space heater
oven
a really hard to shoot substitute for clay pigeons
drink coasters for shot glasses
a way for intel to make a quick buck

opentoe

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004
He is a complete re..t...d

No matter how many Pentium D intel releases, Core 2 Duo will kick them out of the benchmarks! for the same price of the 945 (or even less I think) you can get the E6400 which outperforms the 945!

Because some one isn't a all knowing as you name calling? Too bad there isn't a good filter here to weed out the kids. People who resort to name calling are usually the ones that really can't think of anything smart to say or typically don't have the vocabulary. Go ahead, let's see what else comes out. Sorry for you...tsk tsk tsk.

Sorry dude, my life doesn't revolve benchmarks.

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
resisting urge to flame.....resisting urge to flame.....almost there......almost....there.......ahhh, that better.

edit: screw it, FLAME ON!!!

what does it revolve around? buying outdated, overpriced, inferior cpu's? when theres a much better, cost effective solution out there?

ahhh, that much, much better.

my flame-fu may be weak, but with time it shall improve...

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006

Is not that I wanted to insult you aight, is just that we want to open your eyes to reality. Why are you gonna get something outdated? So If somebody tells you get a Pentium II system because they are still great for tetris will you get it? I dont think so.

Maybe you didnt read enough from Core 2 Duo processors and you still think Pentium D are the best.

Dont waste your money in something that is not worth it, something everybody knows.

opentoe

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004

Is not that I wanted to insult you aight, is just that we want to open your eyes to reality. Why are you gonna get something outdated? So If somebody tells you get a Pentium II system because they are still great for tetris will you get it? I dont think so.

Maybe you didnt read enough from Core 2 Duo processors and you still think Pentium D are the best.

Dont waste your money in something that is not worth it, something everybody knows.

Insulting someone to open their eyes because lack of knowledge is very disrespectful, but if that's the way you act then so be it. You seriously didn't have to insult me to get your point across.

Yes, after reading for a little while I can agree even the lowest end Core 2 chip is more practical to purchase now then any Pentium D. More money for the 4mb model, but if on a tight budget then a E6300 <might-removed> is the only way to go.