Got Leadtek DVT2000 H yesterday. All working fine until....

vinster345

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
well, i don't know what (it may have been installing gbpvr). But now unless the signal is 100% the picture and sound jump wildy, even when the sginal is on full signal minus one blob. I've tried placing the card in a different slot, updating the software, dirvers, uninstalling any third party software, installing new ATI drivers, without any luck. Haven't tried any third party software (can't get Dscaler to work with the card) but I'm reluctant to as i want to be able to use the remote and use both the analog and digital feeds with my remote control. Any help at all would be fantastic. Thank you

vinster345

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
any idea how to solve the audio/video stuttering other the reinstalling and unitalling the new driver/software. Just trying mediaportal to see if that'll help

flabbergasted

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
well, i don't know what (it may have been installing gbpvr). But now unless the signal is 100% the picture and sound jump wildy, even when the sginal is on full signal minus one blob. I've tried placing the card in a different slot, updating the software, dirvers, uninstalling any third party software, installing new ATI drivers, without any luck. Haven't tried any third party software (can't get Dscaler to work with the card) but I'm reluctant to as i want to be able to use the remote and use both the analog and digital feeds with my remote control. Any help at all would be fantastic. Thank you
You might try doing a clean reinstall of your OS. OTOH, you may have a hardware problem such as, motherboard not up to snuff, RAM peculiarities and the like. Could even be a PSU problem. My guess is that after a clean install with the Windows device manager indicating the device is working properly, if you still have these problems, then I'd say you'd have to take a serious look at your hardware.

vinster345

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
You might try doing a clean reinstall of your OS. OTOH, you may have a hardware problem such as, motherboard not up to snuff, RAM peculiarities and the like. Could even be a PSU problem. My guess is that after a clean install with the Windows device manager indicating the device is working properly, if you still have these problems, then I'd say you'd have to take a serious look at your hardware.

ah heck. i really don't want to do that. I've now got winfast pvr2 and that's showing the flickering channels as having weaker signal. The odd thing is that my mate next door using a freeview box is getting them clearly. IS that right? Does a freeview box box have better sensitivity?

flabbergasted

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
If your friend is using the Freeview DTT reception card ask him if you can borrow it to test your computer setup. If you get clear as a bell flicker free frames then...

vinster345

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
Ah, he's using the same signal as me. I think it may be the transmitter i'm trying. Trying to get the london signal from reading as it won't see the berkshire one or oxford and so the signal is quite week for anything non bbc.

The landlord has agreed to replace the aerial though, so that might help!!!