Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 to Launch With 3 Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Middleman

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Why are they launching in Europe first, and why in the heck did they put an earpiece on this thing? Do they honestly expect someone to hold it up to their head like a phone? I'm sorry, but even picturing that is ridiculous.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Middleman[/nom]Why are they launching in Europe first, and why in the heck did they put an earpiece on this thing? Do they honestly expect someone to hold it up to their head like a phone? I'm sorry, but even picturing that is ridiculous.[/citation]
Why do you folks get so butt-hurt when something worthwhile launches somewhere else first?

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]anything less than 1080P will be a big fail, specially at this stage in competition.[/citation]

Why? If you ran the thing at a pure 100% dpi 1920x1080 you'd go BLIND trying to read anything. If you increase the DPI then you might as well save costs and go with a lower res screen.

Marketing... Don't fall for it!

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]anything less than 1080P will be a big fail, specially at this stage in competition.[/citation]
I agree.
Why settle for "good enough" when the competition easily offers better?

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]damianrobertjones[/nom]Why? If you ran the thing at a pure 100% dpi 1920x1080 you'd go BLIND trying to read anything. If you increase the DPI then you might as well save costs and go with a lower res screen.Marketing... Don't fall for it![/citation]
Smoother fonts with more pixels, but of the same physical size, are easier to read. But also, when needed, bringing the tablet closer to look better, like one of those 5 MP pictures it takes... the cost difference, in this stage of the competition, not worth it.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
1080p and 64 or 128gb of flash memory with a Micro SD XC HC slot is an epic fail (if the product does not have these features) I guess it is still a waiting game.

sna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010

WRONG.. with a Digitizer PEN , you cant have both ... yet.

the cool thing about it is the digitizer pen.

sna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
[citation][nom]virtualban[/nom]Smoother fonts with more pixels, but of the same physical size, are easier to read. But also, when needed, bringing the tablet closer to look better, like one of those 5 MP pictures it takes... the cost difference, in this stage of the competition, not worth it.[/citation]

it Has a Wacom Digitizer pen ... and It seems it works only on that resolution so far.

the cool thing about the note is the PEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.