Advice request

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
May 25, 2004 5:57:07 PM

I suppose this question gets asked too often, I googled your last couple of
weeks to look for an answer I understood;-))
I simply would appreciate advice on which Streamer program to buy. I want to
put my Logitech 3000 images live on one of my own web sites, using http
and/or ftp. Audio would be nice.
I live in the Netherlands, running Windows XP on a nice fast cable
connection. I have downloaded and tried half a dozen, obviously the best
ones required me to register to see my results, so I wasn't much wiser. As I
said it is for my own web site not one provided by the company. I am not
really interested in added chat lines, I can find them myself if I want
them.
I have no problem paying by credit card, this is good because I could only
find companies in the US. Obviously I would rather pay $30 dollars than
$100, but a reasonable quality and streaming speed are important.
That's all, thanks for your time, I lurk more and more nowadays to learn
from your collective experience.
Graham.
hutson@chello.nl

More about : advice request

Anonymous
May 25, 2004 6:37:29 PM

You could try TrackerCam Software from www.trackercam.com - it's free

"Graham" <hutson@chello.nl> wrote in message news:<2hgqkbFcpeabU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> I suppose this question gets asked too often, I googled your last couple of
> weeks to look for an answer I understood;-))
> I simply would appreciate advice on which Streamer program to buy. I want to
> put my Logitech 3000 images live on one of my own web sites, using http
> and/or ftp. Audio would be nice.
> I live in the Netherlands, running Windows XP on a nice fast cable
> connection. I have downloaded and tried half a dozen, obviously the best
> ones required me to register to see my results, so I wasn't much wiser. As I
> said it is for my own web site not one provided by the company. I am not
> really interested in added chat lines, I can find them myself if I want
> them.
> I have no problem paying by credit card, this is good because I could only
> find companies in the US. Obviously I would rather pay $30 dollars than
> $100, but a reasonable quality and streaming speed are important.
> That's all, thanks for your time, I lurk more and more nowadays to learn
> from your collective experience.
> Graham.
> hutson@chello.nl
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 8:47:25 PM

"Graham" <hutson@chello.nl> wrote in message
| I suppose this question gets asked too often, I googled your last couple
of
| weeks to look for an answer I understood;-))
| I simply would appreciate advice on which Streamer program to buy. I want
| put my Logitech 3000 images live on one of my own web sites, using http
| and/or ftp. Audio would be nice.
| I live in the Netherlands, running Windows XP on a nice fast cable
| connection. I have downloaded and tried half a dozen, obviously the best
| ones required me to register to see my results, so I wasn't much wiser. As
| said it is for my own web site not one provided by the company. I am not
| really interested in added chat lines, I can find them myself if I want
| them.
| I have no problem paying by credit card, this is good because I could only
| find companies in the US. Obviously I would rather pay $30 dollars than
| $100, but a reasonable quality and streaming speed are important.
| That's all, thanks for your time, I lurk more and more nowadays to learn
| from your collective experience.
| Graham.
| hutson@chello.nl

Graham,

Give the Windows Media Encoder from Microsoft a go! (it will also do audio)
No need to pay for it as it's free!

More info @
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/e...

Want to see it in action (no sound!)? Have a look @ http://webcam.kijk.info
Let me know if you need any help to set it up!

Succes er mee!

Noël

--
http://webcam.kijk.info
http://www.resize2mail.com

"Noël®" <n03l@REMOVEhotmail.com> schreef in bericht

> "Graham" <hutson@chello.nl> wrote in message
> | I suppose this question gets asked too often, I googled your last couple
> of
> | weeks to look for an answer I understood;-))
> | I simply would appreciate advice on which Streamer program to buy. I
want
> | put my Logitech 3000 images live on one of my own web sites, using http
> | and/or ftp. Audio would be nice.
> | I live in the Netherlands, running Windows XP on a nice fast cable
> | connection. I have downloaded and tried half a dozen, obviously the best
> | ones required me to register to see my results, so I wasn't much wiser.
As
> | said it is for my own web site not one provided by the company. I am not
> | really interested in added chat lines, I can find them myself if I want
> | them.
> | I have no problem paying by credit card, this is good because I could
only
> | find companies in the US. Obviously I would rather pay $30 dollars than
> | $100, but a reasonable quality and streaming speed are important.
> | That's all, thanks for your time, I lurk more and more nowadays to learn
> | from your collective experience.
> | Graham.
> | hutson@chello.nl
> |

> Graham,
>
> Give the Windows Media Encoder from Microsoft a go! (it will also do
audio)
> No need to pay for it as it's free!
>
> More info @
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/e...
>
> Want to see it in action (no sound!)? Have a look @
http://webcam.kijk.info
> Let me know if you need any help to set it up!
>
> Succes er mee!
>
> Noël
>
> --
> http://webcam.kijk.info
> http://www.resize2mail.com

Noel
Thanks I will take a look this evening, may even take you up on your offer,
Graham
In Leeuwarden.
May 27, 2004 6:50:26 AM

Noel

Ik heb een Custos Dessin begonnen, en ik ben aan encoder, tenminste. ik heb
de twee urls geprobeerd en een kennis op een ander computer ook, niets. Geen
router/firewall. WIA is aan. Ik weet niet of ik dmv chello kan streamer.
Moet ik pusher of pull?

Graham

hutson@chello.nl
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 1:37:02 PM

| Noel
|
| Ik heb een Custos Dessin begonnen, en ik ben aan encoder, tenminste. ik
heb
| de twee urls geprobeerd en een kennis op een ander computer ook, niets.
Geen
| router/firewall. WIA is aan. Ik weet niet of ik dmv chello kan streamer.
| Moet ik pusher of pull?
|
| Graham
|

| hutson@chello.nl

Graham,

Je moet in "Pull from encoder" mode werken!
Kijk 1st even of je zelf de stream ziet. Als je mms://127.0.0.1:p OORT
gebruikt dan moet je als het goed is iets zien! Let wel op dat je MMS://
gebruikt en de juiste POORT!

Als dit werkt geef je, je kennis je echte IP en poort waar je op streamt!
(kijk even op www.whatismyip.com voor je IP). Je kennis moet dan
MMS://JE_ECHTE_IP:p OORT gebruiken (in b.v. Internet Explorer)

Noël

--
http://webcam.kijk.info
http://www.resize2mail.com

> "Graham" <hutson@chello.nl> wrote in message
> | Noel
> |
> | Ik heb een Custos Dessin begonnen, en ik ben aan encoder, tenminste. ik
> heb
> | de twee urls geprobeerd en een kennis op een ander computer ook, niets.
> Geen
> | router/firewall. WIA is aan. Ik weet niet of ik dmv chello kan streamer.
> | Moet ik pusher of pull?
> |
> | Graham
> |

> | hutson@chello.nl
> |

> Graham,
>
> Je moet in "Pull from encoder" mode werken!
> Kijk 1st even of je zelf de stream ziet. Als je mms://127.0.0.1:p OORT
> gebruikt dan moet je als het goed is iets zien! Let wel op dat je MMS://
> gebruikt en de juiste POORT!
>
> Als dit werkt geef je, je kennis je echte IP en poort waar je op streamt!
> (kijk even op www.whatismyip.com voor je IP). Je kennis moet dan
> MMS://JE_ECHTE_IP:p OORT gebruiken (in b.v. Internet Explorer)
>

> Noël
>
> --
> http://webcam.kijk.info
> http://www.resize2mail.com

Noel
Thanks a lot, I am streaming but I want to take a look at Web 32 next, sadly
can't see myself on line using that and other programs without buying. But
this is an excellent start.
Graham
!