Apparent keyboard misfunction

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

I was in the midst of typing a note in OE, when all of a sudden, the
keyboard started malfunctioning-- giving incorrect responses for various
keystrokes. I first noticed it on "." and ">" , one for the other, and
sometimes giving non-keyboard symbols, but other strokes gave other
After closing OE, I tried MS Word, and it worked fine. I then noticed all
the desktop short cuts were highlighted, and when trying to reboot, I
wouldn't respond to the mouse- I had to use the keyboard for that.
After rebooting, it seems to work fine. This happened several months ago, as
well.
Any thoughts, or is it just a fleeting malfunction? (I have anti-virus, and
run Ad-aware, & Spy Bot regularly)

Could be dirt in the keyboard.

http://www.uscricket.com
"Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message news:zYmAd.201318$Np3.8407213@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
>I was in the midst of typing a note in OE, when all of a sudden, the
> keyboard started malfunctioning-- giving incorrect responses for various
> keystrokes. I first noticed it on "." and ">" , one for the other, and
> sometimes giving non-keyboard symbols, but other strokes gave other
> After closing OE, I tried MS Word, and it worked fine. I then noticed all
> the desktop short cuts were highlighted, and when trying to reboot, I
> wouldn't respond to the mouse- I had to use the keyboard for that.
> After rebooting, it seems to work fine. This happened several months ago, as
> well.
> Any thoughts, or is it just a fleeting malfunction? (I have anti-virus, and
> run Ad-aware, & Spy Bot regularly)

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004