SubZero85

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
A few weeks ago my comp wouldnt power up, it was an enermax power supply i checked it and it had stopped working. I decided to buy a new one, which is now a x-clio power supply, and at the same time I thought i would move my comp to a larger case so I bought a new case. After moving everything over I pressed the button to power it up, however although power was running through my system nothing was appearing on the screen. One of my case fans was working (its power is through the motherboard), but two of them arn't (they are connected to the new power supply, also my dvd drive has power and although my toher cd drive is connected to the same power line this does not hav power and there is also power running through the motherboard as the lights and motherboard fans are running. I took it to a local computer shop who said that it was the motherboard so I took it to where i got it from and got it replaced with a slightly better version, it was an MSI k8n sli platinum it is now the diamond version. However, it still did exactly the same thing so I went to Scan where I bought my parts from and they said it could be the cpu. They ran tests on it and said it was that so send it off to amd, which I did and it has just arrived back. After putting everything back together again it's still doing the same thing! I've tried disconnecting drives, memory, graphics cards and nothing seems to work; can someone help me because this is becoming very annoying as I need my comp which has now been nroke for over a month! :(
MSI
Athlon AMD 64 3500+ 939 socket
Asus Extreme 6600gt pci-e Dual graphics cards
2x WD Raptor Sata Hard Drives 74gb
Terratec Aureon 5.1
52x cd rom
Pioneer (I think) dvd rom
X-clio x14 650w power supply
2x Corsair pro series XMS3200 512mb ddr

Mr_Gasket

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
how did you find out psu was bad?Hmmm. new mobo,psu,case,cpu man i think you have ruled out hardware :lol: .Now the thing I'm wondering about is the way you have it put together.Folks(even experts)get in a hurry and forget things like mobo risers,ect.Just the kind of little things that can a put a kink in your day.Have you tore the pc down and rebuilt from scratch?If so have a friend(or bat your eyelashes at the 'puter store guy) check the build.Some fans work. some drives work.Much new hardware.Something smells.....not to worry i will shower 8O .

SubZero85

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
Ok I will get a friend to take a look but I've been over this comp a few times now and can't think of a single thing anymore, unless I've got really bad luck and I've got either a new faulty cpu or motherboard. Anyway, il get someone to take a look, thanks.

SubZero85

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006