how to fry my xp3200 by ocing

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
I am trying to oc the xp3200 to death some say ocing shortens the life span of the cpu. I don't believe it.
I tried 2.2 volts, and went to board max fsb, cpu ratio, the computer just freezie up. Change back to defaults and away the cpu went remember this cpu has been oc'ed the day I got it and still going like a bat out of hell
Why is the xp3200 still working. I have gone higher than the electron thingy.

pancito

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
I am trying to oc the xp3200 to death some say ocing shortens the life span of the cpu. I don't believe it.
I tried 2.2 volts, and went to board max fsb, cpu ratio, the computer just freezie up. Change back to defaults and away the cpu went remember this cpu has been oc'ed the day I got it and still going like a bat out of hell
Why is the xp3200 still working. I have gone higher than the electron thingy.

It's not going to go without a fight :roll: just up the volts with out adding anything up.

Remove the heatsink. if you are going to kill it, at least learn something out of it. ie What happens if FAN FAILS, What happens if break a PIN or something.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Overclocking shortens the life but if you think tis going to be at all noticable the second you do it um yeah. no telling how much could be ayear could be 5 years could be 5 minutes. youll never know how much and there is no way to find out how much.

mcain591

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
just put the voltage at like 3 volts or something.

if 2.2 is your limit, just remove the heatsink and leave it at your highest workable oclk'd setting. Oclked, that thing'll fry in 2 minutes flat.

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Why not send it to someone who doesn't like to spend money on PC parts (other than hard drives - my vice) but at the same time would really like to upgrade their socket A CPU :wink: :wink: :wink:

TRENDING THREADS