NEED HELP with non valid win32 appl Please read

February 28, 2005 1:43:26 AM

I have a game for my pocket pc that I would like to put on my pocket
pc but, everytime I try to install it to gain access to the exe file
to sync it with my pocket pc I get an error that comes up on my
computer that says that it's not a valid win32. Therefore, not
allowing me to install it on my pocket pc. Is there a way around this?

More about : valid win32 appl read

Anonymous
February 28, 2005 1:43:27 AM

Hello,

Your post is confusing.

I am assuming you are trying to install a Pocket PC game on your PC based on
the error message you are getting. The coding for Pocket PCs and Windows
based desktops are completely different and not compatable. You will not be
able to run an application for Pocket PC on your PC and vice versa.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner

<tedwill1959@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have a game for my pocket pc that I would like to put on my pocket
> pc but, everytime I try to install it to gain access to the exe file
> to sync it with my pocket pc I get an error that comes up on my
> computer that says that it's not a valid win32. Therefore, not
> allowing me to install it on my pocket pc. Is there a way around this?
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 11:40:38 PM

What I was trying to do was open it up to gain access to the .exe file
so that the activesync program will tell me that on my next sync, the
program will be installed on my pocket pc. I've tried running the game
from my pocket pc with no results. I've activesynced it to my pocket
pc and ran it from my pocket pc with no results. I know it is a valid
game because a friend of mine gave it to me and it works on his pocket
pc. We have the same pocket pc.We've also tried beaming it from one
pocket to another and guess what, no luck.

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:01:48 -0600, "Clinton Fitch \(Clinton Fitch
\(Dot\) Com!\)" <management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitch.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Your post is confusing.
>
>I am assuming you are trying to install a Pocket PC game on your PC based on
>the error message you are getting. The coding for Pocket PCs and Windows
>based desktops are completely different and not compatable. You will not be
>able to run an application for Pocket PC on your PC and vice versa.
>
>Regards,
March 1, 2005 12:54:44 AM

<tedwill1959@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have a game for my pocket pc that I would like to put on my pocket
> pc but, everytime I try to install it to gain access to the exe file
> to sync it with my pocket pc I get an error that comes up on my
> computer that says that it's not a valid win32. Therefore, not
> allowing me to install it on my pocket pc. Is there a way around this?

It sounds like the .exe is targeted at Pocket PC - it's not a Windows
installer. Copy it to a \Program Files\[name] folder using the File Explorer
and create a shortcut. It should execute ok on your Pocket PC.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com
March 1, 2005 12:54:45 AM

Could you please be a little bit more explicit? I'm not quite sure on
how to execute your instructions. I know my way around the computer
but, when it comes to pocket pc(s), I'm still learning. Would you
please elaborate on this?

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:54:44 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]"
<dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote:

><tedwill1959@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I have a game for my pocket pc that I would like to put on my pocket
>> pc but, everytime I try to install it to gain access to the exe file
>> to sync it with my pocket pc I get an error that comes up on my
>> computer that says that it's not a valid win32. Therefore, not
>> allowing me to install it on my pocket pc. Is there a way around this?
>
>It sounds like the .exe is targeted at Pocket PC - it's not a Windows
>installer. Copy it to a \Program Files\[name] folder using the File Explorer
>and create a shortcut. It should execute ok on your Pocket PC.
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 6:22:44 PM

Sure...

Open ActiveSync on your computer and you'll see the Explore button. Click it
and you'll see your Pocket PC. If you double-click the handheld icon you'll
see the folder on your Pocket PC. Move to \Program Files and create a folder
for your program there.

Move to this new folder and copy the program from your computer to your
Pocket PC. After copying the file, right click the program on your Pocket
PCand select Create Shortcut. Right-click on the newly created shortcut and
select Copy.

Now, go back a couple of levels and you'll see \Windows on your Pocket PC.
Open this folder, scroll to Start Menu, open it and look for Programs. Open
this folder and you will see all icons that your Pocket PC show in the
Programs window. Simply Paste the shortcut here.

Now, when you tap Start | Programs you'll see an icon to your program on
your Pocket PC.

Most programs come with an Installer. If this is not the case I would make
sure this is a valid program and it indeed does not need an installer.

It would be good to print this message to make it easier to folow the steps.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com

!