casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
Why does it limit the times you set the DVD region?

Well, ok I'm pretty sure it has something to do with copyright and country file transfers and such, but I just would like to know for sure.

And also, is there a way to cheat the limit? and is it safe?

slicessoul

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
Why does it limit the times you set the DVD region?

Well, ok I'm pretty sure it has something to do with copyright and country file transfers and such, but I just would like to know for sure.

You've ask it then you've answer it. So; no need more explanation.

is there a way to cheat the limit? and is it safe?
Yes. Yes.

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Just get yourself a program like dvd region+cssfree (or something like that). I have it at home. Works like a charm. Makes everything region free and when you write you just close it and it writes it to your region.

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
Just get yourself a program like dvd region+cssfree (or something like that). I have it at home. Works like a charm. Makes everything region free and when you write you just close it and it writes it to your region.

Yeah but what for? I honestly don't know why people would need to do this, I'm just curious.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
Maybe you should direct this question to your gov't, the MPAA, et al.

It was a stupid idea to begin with, and doesn't seem to have gotten any smarter.

Check out the EFF.org site....

However, I must warn you, following any of the advice offered in relation to violating the region coding could cost you big fines, land you in jail, or both. That's of course if you live in the USA, the land of Freedom....

Happy turkey day....

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Its suppost to keep you from burning said movies and changing your dvd region to play it then setting it back and keep doing that and being able to keep using pirate copys. Though i doubt it actualy works and i have never come acrost a instance where i have needed to change it.

However changing it in the firmware of the drive and potentialy make it inoperable if you mess it up.

The land of freedom has laws and punishments for breaking them like every country personaly i found that as a cheap shot remark with no real meaning behind it even if it wasnt ment to be such.

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
My mom and a coulpe of my friends got some DVD's in europe and couldn't watch it here. They wanted me to help them watch it somehow. I had to make a plan. Now that I have my little program I won't even notice when it's a different region coz my drive is all regions now.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Guess it doesnt work. Sometimes i wonder if security fetures are there to keep you from doing something or to compell someone to get around it ;) i preffer to get around it if needed.