iexplore.exe & rundll32.exe app error messenges

hello, im not computer savvy, so what im getting here, is to run the programs
you stated, which i will need to download from another computer and apply to
mine, since i cant get into the internet, and also go into run, cmd and type
in what you said, which i do after i run the other programs, or is that
another option, thanks for your help

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" wrote:

> "jlb" <jlb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hello. i run xp pro on my home computer for the last year, and now
> > it was attacked by a virus when my daughter was in aol im, i have run
> > several virus scans, and cleaned them off, but still cant get into
> > the internet. i keep getting the following two error messages:
> >
> > iexplore.exe application error instruction @0x77f57b58 reference
> > memory @0x01050010 memory could not be read, and
> >
> > rundll32.exe app error instruction @0x77f57b58 refernece momory could
> > not be read
> >
> > i have comcast cable modem, and also a router so my other daughter can
> > wirelessly get into internet from her laptop, which works fine, i
> > just cant connect to the internet on my main computer. thanks for
> > all your help on this matter on what i need to do to fix this.
> >
> > i have already run spybot s&d, grisoft and adware virus scans.
> >> what else can i do,
> >
> > i bought this computer ( not new) with xp pro already installed, and
> > do not have the cd that goes with it
> >
> > thanks
>
> Get LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks
> http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
> WinXP:
> and WinSockxpFix
> http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html
> WinXP SP2: Go to Start | Run and type
> CMD
> In the command window type
> netsh winsock reset
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx

1 answer Last reply
More about iexplore rundll32 error messenges

    If you have WinXP SP2 this should do it:
    Go to Start | Run and type
    > CMD
    > In the command window type
    > netsh winsock reset
    If not, try the others.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    > hello, im not computer savvy, so what im getting here, is to run the
    > programs you stated, which i will need to download from another
    > computer and apply to mine, since i cant get into the internet, and
    > also go into run, cmd and type in what you said, which i do after i
    > run the other programs, or is that another option, thanks for your
    > help
    >
    > "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> "jlb" <jlb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> hello. i run xp pro on my home computer for the last year, and now
    >>> it was attacked by a virus when my daughter was in aol im, i have
    >>> run several virus scans, and cleaned them off, but still cant get
    >>> into the internet. i keep getting the following two error messages:
    >>>
    >>> iexplore.exe application error instruction @0x77f57b58 reference
    >>> memory @0x01050010 memory could not be read, and
    >>>
    >>> rundll32.exe app error instruction @0x77f57b58 refernece momory
    >>> could not be read
    >>>
    >>> i have comcast cable modem, and also a router so my other daughter
    >>> can wirelessly get into internet from her laptop, which works fine,
    >>> i just cant connect to the internet on my main computer. thanks for
    >>> all your help on this matter on what i need to do to fix this.
    >>>
    >>> i have already run spybot s&d, grisoft and adware virus scans.
    >>>
    >>> i bought this computer ( not new) with xp pro already installed, and
    >>> do not have the cd that goes with it
    >>>
    >>> thanks
    >>
    >> Get LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks
    >> http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
    >> WinXP:
    >> and WinSockxpFix
    >> http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html