Wireless 802.11 Webcam

Hi all,

I have a Netgear router and want to attach a webcam to it wirelessly. I
will place the webcam in various parts around the house looking outdoors
so one with good range and also one which works well under bad light, it
must be colour. Any suggestions ? I would like to publish it on a webpage
too.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help, Joe
6 answers Last reply
More about wireless webcam

    "Joe Hunt" <joseph.p.hunt@stud.man.ac.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a Netgear router and want to attach a webcam to it wirelessly. I
    > will place the webcam in various parts around the house looking outdoors
    > so one with good range and also one which works well under bad light, it
    > must be colour. Any suggestions ? I would like to publish it on a webpage
    > too.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any advice or help, Joe

    I have a small bunch of network cams from various manufactors and always
    hesitate to recommend any of them.
    From what you've said .. as far as normal popular network cams , you might
    try the dlink DCS-900w - relatively inexpensive in the US . Can be a good
    learning tool and always something that you can play with for a long time.
    Might let you look out my back window thru a couple if you ask nice and sign
    a privacy oath.

    Axis 206W the best !

    Able to capture picture and upload it by ftp to a web site or if you have a
    permanent connection, you can make live

    lots of live camera on line around the world :
    http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&q=live+view+AXIS+205&meta=

    regards mike

    http://www.axis-camera.com

    The Axis Official web site : www.Axis.com

    "bumtracks" <user@unknown.org> wrote in message

    > "Joe Hunt" <joseph.p.hunt@stud.man.ac.uk> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I have a Netgear router and want to attach a webcam to it wirelessly.
    > > will place the webcam in various parts around the house looking
    outdoors
    > > so one with good range and also one which works well under bad light,
    it
    > > must be colour. Any suggestions ? I would like to publish it on a
    webpage
    > > too.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for any advice or help, Joe
    > >
    > I have a small bunch of network cams from various manufactors and always
    > hesitate to recommend any of them.
    > From what you've said .. as far as normal popular network cams , you
    might
    > try the dlink DCS-900w - relatively inexpensive in the US . Can be a
    good
    > learning tool and always something that you can play with for a long
    time.
    > Might let you look out my back window thru a couple if you ask nice and
    sign
    > a privacy oath.

    Thanks to Mike and err Bum (!),

    I have looked at both of the cameras you mention, but as a beginner the
    cheaper of the two, the DLink, seems to be most appropriate. If you could
    send me some images B so I can see what the quality is like. What is it
    like for sky shots, as from some of the AXIS links the brightness of the
    sky really affects the overall image. I'm in the UK and I can't see any
    suppliers here, a bit odd.

    Thanks, Joe

    On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 22:03:36 +0200, "Mikhaël" <mbahmed@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

    Yup.
    But also great money :)

    >Axis 206W the best !
    >
    >Able to capture picture and upload it by ftp to a web site or if you have a
    >permanent connection, you can make live
    >
    >lots of live camera on line around the world :
    >http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&q=live+view+AXIS+205&meta=
    >
    >regards mike
    >
    >http://www.axis-camera.com
    >
    >The Axis Official web site : www.Axis.com
    >
    >"Joe Hunt" <joseph.p.hunt@stud.man.ac.uk> a écrit dans le message de
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I have a Netgear router and want to attach a webcam to it wirelessly. I
    >> will place the webcam in various parts around the house looking outdoors
    >> so one with good range and also one which works well under bad light, it
    >> must be colour. Any suggestions ? I would like to publish it on a webpage
    >> too.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for any advice or help, Joe

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    "Joe Hunt" <joseph.p.hunt@stud.man.ac.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a Netgear router and want to attach a webcam to it wirelessly. I
    > will place the webcam in various parts around the house looking outdoors
    > so one with good range and also one which works well under bad light, it
    > must be colour. Any suggestions ? I would like to publish it on a
    webpage
    > too.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any advice or help, Joe

    A possible solution -

    http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductsList.asp?Name=ic300
    linked via a wireless ethernet bridge
    http://www.netgear.com/products/prod_details.php?prodID=175
    to my Netgear router

    What you think ? Pretty cost-effective.

    Joe
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    You can also try the new Network TrackerCam bundle:

    - Compex router + TrackerPod + Logitech Pro camera

    You get a 802.11g wireless pan/tilt CCD webcam.

    http://cpx.com/promotions.asp?id=101
    http://www.trackercam.com/wifi

    "Joe Hunt" <joseph.p.hunt@stud.man.ac.uk> wrote in message news:<2i94fhFks4k4U1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > "Joe Hunt" <joseph.p.hunt@stud.man.ac.uk> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I have a Netgear router and want to attach a webcam to it wirelessly. I
    > > will place the webcam in various parts around the house looking outdoors
    > > so one with good range and also one which works well under bad light, it
    > > must be colour. Any suggestions ? I would like to publish it on a
    > webpage
    > > too.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for any advice or help, Joe
    > >

    > A possible solution -
    >
    > http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductsList.asp?Name=ic300
    > linked via a wireless ethernet bridge
    > http://www.netgear.com/products/prod_details.php?prodID=175