Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 2, 2004 10:02:20 PM

Hi all,

I have a Netgear router and want to attach a webcam to it wirelessly. I
will place the webcam in various parts around the house looking outdoors
so one with good range and also one which works well under bad light, it
must be colour. Any suggestions ? I would like to publish it on a webpage
too.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help, Joe

More about : wireless 802 webcam

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 3, 2004 12:16:21 AM

"Joe Hunt" <joseph.p.hunt@stud.man.ac.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have a Netgear router and want to attach a webcam to it wirelessly. I
> will place the webcam in various parts around the house looking outdoors
> so one with good range and also one which works well under bad light, it
> must be colour. Any suggestions ? I would like to publish it on a webpage
> too.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice or help, Joe

I have a small bunch of network cams from various manufactors and always
hesitate to recommend any of them.
From what you've said .. as far as normal popular network cams , you might
try the dlink DCS-900w - relatively inexpensive in the US . Can be a good
learning tool and always something that you can play with for a long time.
Might let you look out my back window thru a couple if you ask nice and sign
a privacy oath.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 3, 2004 2:03:36 AM

Axis 206W the best !

Able to capture picture and upload it by ftp to a web site or if you have a
permanent connection, you can make live

lots of live camera on line around the world :
http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&q=live+view+...

regards mike

http://www.axis-camera.com

The Axis Official web site : www.Axis.com

"Joe Hunt" <joseph.p.hunt@stud.man.ac.uk> a écrit dans le message de
> Hi all,
>
> I have a Netgear router and want to attach a webcam to it wirelessly. I
> will place the webcam in various parts around the house looking outdoors
> so one with good range and also one which works well under bad light, it
> must be colour. Any suggestions ? I would like to publish it on a webpage
> too.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice or help, Joe

a b F Wireless
June 3, 2004 2:15:16 AM

"bumtracks" <user@unknown.org> wrote in message
news:p Aqvc.25986$oh7.10038@nwrddc01.gnilink.net...

> "Joe Hunt" <joseph.p.hunt@stud.man.ac.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a Netgear router and want to attach a webcam to it wirelessly.
> > will place the webcam in various parts around the house looking
outdoors
> > so one with good range and also one which works well under bad light,
it
> > must be colour. Any suggestions ? I would like to publish it on a
webpage
> > too.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any advice or help, Joe
> >
> I have a small bunch of network cams from various manufactors and always
> hesitate to recommend any of them.
> From what you've said .. as far as normal popular network cams , you
might
> try the dlink DCS-900w - relatively inexpensive in the US . Can be a
good
> learning tool and always something that you can play with for a long
time.
> Might let you look out my back window thru a couple if you ask nice and
sign
> a privacy oath.

Thanks to Mike and err Bum (!),

I have looked at both of the cameras you mention, but as a beginner the
cheaper of the two, the DLink, seems to be most appropriate. If you could
send me some images B so I can see what the quality is like. What is it
like for sky shots, as from some of the AXIS links the brightness of the
sky really affects the overall image. I'm in the UK and I can't see any
suppliers here, a bit odd.

Thanks, Joe
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 3, 2004 5:52:30 PM

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 22:03:36 +0200, "Mikhaël" <mbahmed@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

Yup.
But also great money :)

>Axis 206W the best !
>
>Able to capture picture and upload it by ftp to a web site or if you have a
>permanent connection, you can make live
>
>lots of live camera on line around the world :
>http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&q=live+view+...
>
>regards mike
>
>http://www.axis-camera.com
>
>The Axis Official web site : www.Axis.com
>
>"Joe Hunt" <joseph.p.hunt@stud.man.ac.uk> a écrit dans le message de
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a Netgear router and want to attach a webcam to it wirelessly. I
>> will place the webcam in various parts around the house looking outdoors
>> so one with good range and also one which works well under bad light, it
>> must be colour. Any suggestions ? I would like to publish it on a webpage
>> too.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any advice or help, Joe

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 3, 2004 10:11:55 PM

"Joe Hunt" <joseph.p.hunt@stud.man.ac.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have a Netgear router and want to attach a webcam to it wirelessly. I
> will place the webcam in various parts around the house looking outdoors
> so one with good range and also one which works well under bad light, it
> must be colour. Any suggestions ? I would like to publish it on a
webpage
> too.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice or help, Joe

A possible solution -

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductsList.asp?Name=ic300
linked via a wireless ethernet bridge
http://www.netgear.com/products/prod_details.php?prodID...
to my Netgear router

What you think ? Pretty cost-effective.

Joe
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 4, 2004 11:26:17 PM

You can also try the new Network TrackerCam bundle:

- Compex router + TrackerPod + Logitech Pro camera

You get a 802.11g wireless pan/tilt CCD webcam.

http://cpx.com/promotions.asp?id=101
http://www.trackercam.com/wifi