Saving webcam pics

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 4, 2004 12:11:18 AM

I view a couple of webcams whose pics get downloaded onto my hard drive as
"pull
  • .jpg" where * is a number between 1 and 99. These pics are found
    scattered across a number of folders in Content IE5. Because the pics do not
    have unique file names, the only way of keeping them permanently is to
    rename them.
    Is there any software that will do this renaming sequentially as they are
    downloaded.
    I already have Hypersnap which is adequate for recording occasional frames
    but I'm looking for something that will do it automatically.
    Tia
    Martynz
  • More about : saving webcam pics

    Anonymous
    June 4, 2004 11:52:47 PM

    oh , sorry to hear that stealing other people's cam snaps is such a pain for
    you! you have my sympathy.
    Anonymous
    June 5, 2004 8:56:07 PM

    Hey, where does stealing come into it? I'm talking about webcam pics from a
    site where I have paid membership.
    Why do some newsgroup members always have a picky aggressive attitude?
    Martynz
    June 5, 2004 8:56:08 PM

    "Mart" <martynz@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
    > Hey, where does stealing come into it? I'm talking about webcam pics from
    > site where I have paid membership.
    > Why do some newsgroup members always have a picky aggressive attitude?
    > Martynz

    isn't it written that someday the meek will rule the universe or something
    he's just practicing
    Anonymous
    June 10, 2004 2:13:58 AM

    Selt all the pics u want to rename
    go to the first pic you selected and RIGHT click.
    Select rename
    give the pic whatever name you want and hit ok.
    That first pic and all the ones following it will have the same
    name.... but followed by a sequential number.

    Hope this is what u are referring to!!!

    !