Saving webcam pics

I view a couple of webcams whose pics get downloaded onto my hard drive as
"pull.jpg" where * is a number between 1 and 99. These pics are found
scattered across a number of folders in Content IE5. Because the pics do not
have unique file names, the only way of keeping them permanently is to
rename them.
Is there any software that will do this renaming sequentially as they are
downloaded.
I already have Hypersnap which is adequate for recording occasional frames
but I'm looking for something that will do it automatically.
Tia
Martynz
4 answers Last reply
More about saving webcam pics

    oh , sorry to hear that stealing other people's cam snaps is such a pain for
    you! you have my sympathy.

    Hey, where does stealing come into it? I'm talking about webcam pics from a
    site where I have paid membership.
    Why do some newsgroup members always have a picky aggressive attitude?
    Martynz

    "Mart" <martynz@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
    > Hey, where does stealing come into it? I'm talking about webcam pics from
    > site where I have paid membership.
    > Why do some newsgroup members always have a picky aggressive attitude?
    > Martynz

    isn't it written that someday the meek will rule the universe or something
    he's just practicing

    Selt all the pics u want to rename
    go to the first pic you selected and RIGHT click.
    Select rename
    give the pic whatever name you want and hit ok.
    That first pic and all the ones following it will have the same
    name.... but followed by a sequential number.

    Hope this is what u are referring to!!!

    On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 20:11:18 +1200, "Mart" <martynz@paradise.net.nz>
    wrote:

    >I view a couple of webcams whose pics get downloaded onto my hard drive as
    >"pull.jpg" where * is a number between 1 and 99. These pics are found
    >scattered across a number of folders in Content IE5. Because the pics do not
    >have unique file names, the only way of keeping them permanently is to
    >rename them.
    >Is there any software that will do this renaming sequentially as they are
    >downloaded.
    >I already have Hypersnap which is adequate for recording occasional frames
    >but I'm looking for something that will do it automatically.
    >Tia
    > Martynz

Webcams Hard Drives Software Peripherals