problem viewing contents of floppy disk

I have Dell Inspiron 8100 with XP Professional.
Recently I am having a problem viewing contents of floppy disks. I have
tried different floppies. I have copied files onto floppy.

However when I go to SAFE MODE I could see the contents but not in normal
mode

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
Nick
4 answers Last reply
More about problem viewing contents floppy disk

    "Nick Cumberbatch" <nickcwpg@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I have Dell Inspiron 8100 with XP Professional.
    >Recently I am having a problem viewing contents of floppy disks. I have
    >tried different floppies. I have copied files onto floppy.
    >
    >However when I go to SAFE MODE I could see the contents but not in normal
    >mode

    This may be a problem with the floppy drive driver. I would remove the
    floppy drive from the Device Manager and restart Windows, so that the
    device is re-detected and the drivers are re-installed.

    --
    (tm)

    I tried that already...no change

    "Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > "Nick Cumberbatch" <nickcwpg@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I have Dell Inspiron 8100 with XP Professional.
    > >Recently I am having a problem viewing contents of floppy disks. I have
    > >tried different floppies. I have copied files onto floppy.
    > >
    > >However when I go to SAFE MODE I could see the contents but not in normal
    > >mode
    >
    > This may be a problem with the floppy drive driver. I would remove the
    > floppy drive from the Device Manager and restart Windows, so that the
    > device is re-detected and the drivers are re-installed.
    >
    > --
    > (tm)

    OK....I figured it out. Thanks

    "Nick Cumberbatch" <nickcwpg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I tried that already...no change
    >
    > "Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > > "Nick Cumberbatch" <nickcwpg@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > >I have Dell Inspiron 8100 with XP Professional.
    > > >Recently I am having a problem viewing contents of floppy disks. I
    have
    > > >tried different floppies. I have copied files onto floppy.
    > > >
    > > >However when I go to SAFE MODE I could see the contents but not in
    normal
    > > >mode
    > >
    > > This may be a problem with the floppy drive driver. I would remove the
    > > floppy drive from the Device Manager and restart Windows, so that the
    > > device is re-detected and the drivers are re-installed.
    > >
    > > --
    > > (tm)

    "Nick Cumberbatch" <nickcwpg@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >OK....I figured it out. Thanks

    No problem.

    --
    (tm)

Dell Inspiron Floppy Disk Microsoft Windows XP