problem viewing contents of floppy disk

I have Dell Inspiron 8100 with XP Professional.
Recently I am having a problem viewing contents of floppy disks. I have
tried different floppies. I have copied files onto floppy.

However when I go to SAFE MODE I could see the contents but not in normal
mode

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
Nick

"Nick Cumberbatch" <nickcwpg@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have Dell Inspiron 8100 with XP Professional.
>Recently I am having a problem viewing contents of floppy disks. I have
>tried different floppies. I have copied files onto floppy.
>
>However when I go to SAFE MODE I could see the contents but not in normal
>mode

This may be a problem with the floppy drive driver. I would remove the
floppy drive from the Device Manager and restart Windows, so that the
device is re-detected and the drivers are re-installed.

--
(tm)

I tried that already...no change

"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "Nick Cumberbatch" <nickcwpg@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I have Dell Inspiron 8100 with XP Professional.
> >Recently I am having a problem viewing contents of floppy disks. I have
> >tried different floppies. I have copied files onto floppy.
> >
> >However when I go to SAFE MODE I could see the contents but not in normal
> >mode
>
> This may be a problem with the floppy drive driver. I would remove the
> floppy drive from the Device Manager and restart Windows, so that the
> device is re-detected and the drivers are re-installed.
>
> --
> (tm)

OK....I figured it out. Thanks

"Nick Cumberbatch" <nickcwpg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I tried that already...no change
>
> "Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
> > "Nick Cumberbatch" <nickcwpg@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >I have Dell Inspiron 8100 with XP Professional.
> > >Recently I am having a problem viewing contents of floppy disks. I
have
> > >tried different floppies. I have copied files onto floppy.
> > >
> > >However when I go to SAFE MODE I could see the contents but not in
normal
> > >mode
> >
> > This may be a problem with the floppy drive driver. I would remove the
> > floppy drive from the Device Manager and restart Windows, so that the
> > device is re-detected and the drivers are re-installed.
> >
> > --
> > (tm)

"Nick Cumberbatch" <nickcwpg@hotmail.com> wrote:

>OK....I figured it out. Thanks