Report: Xbox 720 Won't Work Without Kinect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahbot

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
Im glad im not buying any Next-Gen Consoles. I bought 2 PS3's and they both broke in the warranty period and sony wouldnt get them fixed. Wanted to charge me 150$ for each one. glad I bought a GTX 570 so I can play any and all DX11 games with ease.

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
Oh balls! First, we can't sell our games when this comes out. Second, we have to have constant Internet connection and now this. Oh well, I'm glad I'll be sticking to my PC gaming for a long time.

becherovka

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
[citation][nom]bisso[/nom]Hello home invasion! Let the conspiracy theories begin![/citation]
Its need a constant internet connection. (OR was that PS4) now I know why.

Onihikage

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
PS4: Internet connection required
Nextbox: Always watching and listening

Between those choices, it'll be a cinch to convince all my friends to make PC their primary game platform. Playstation, XBOX, you had good runs, but your parents have destroyed you utterly. (Nintendo is still Nintendo, of course, which is why they keep making money)

I don't get why companies do things consumers will obviously not like(like metro) or anti-used games for consoles; it's so illogical.

I doubt this is true for Kinect too, a relatively new product becoming mandatory sounds wrong, just another rumor.

They'll just compare it to the Wii sensor bar. From a game development standpoint, this actually makes things easier, since now developers know with certainty the control and interface options that are available to every gamer using the system. This was part of why Kinect and Move didn't do so well - they were optional, so when a developer had to choose between polishing the game or adding motion controls which only a small percentage of the gamers could use, they made the obvious choice.

hannibal

Distinguished
Well... You can allways put a picture of your dog in the front of Kinetic camera if you want :)
That is not a big deal. The situation where you can not sell your old games can be a problem though and the all time internet connection... I would like to take console to the summer cottage and you can just gues if the internet works in there... Noups. GPRS data rate is abysmal in there... Sometimse you get a connection most propably not...

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
So I guess US will again prefer xbox (patriotism eh?) Europe PS3 (quality eh?).
I'd probably get both, but PS3 first.

Sucks that MS has subscription only network mode.

[citation][nom]Rahbot[/nom]Im glad im not buying any Next-Gen Consoles. I bought 2 PS3's and they both broke in the warranty period and sony wouldnt get them fixed. Wanted to charge me 150$ for each one. glad I bought a GTX 570 so I can play any and all DX11 games with ease.[/citation]
Oh, now Sony is a cheapo one guy shop that doesn't even honor warranty, orly?
Are you on a crack, payed by M$ or doing it "for fun", sir?

traumadisaster

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
The man cave I made is tiny and dark so they have to aware that people play in unconventional areas. Maybe a kids room one day, the garage made into a make shift den, hell I once carried my heavy crt out to the back deck in the fall. Take it to grandmas, etc.

ven1ger

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
[citation][nom]Onihikage[/nom]PS4: Internet connection requiredNextbox: Always watching and listeningBetween those choices, it'll be a cinch to convince all my friends to make PC their primary game platform. Playstation, XBOX, you had good runs, but your parents have destroyed you utterly. (Nintendo is still Nintendo, of course, which is why they keep making money)They'll just compare it to the Wii sensor bar. From a game development standpoint, this actually makes things easier, since now developers know with certainty the control and interface options that are available to every gamer using the system. This was part of why Kinect and Move didn't do so well - they were optional, so when a developer had to choose between polishing the game or adding motion controls which only a small percentage of the gamers could use, they made the obvious choice.[/citation]

The tablet seems to have garnered more attention on gaming for my kids than the PS3/PS2/WII. Games on the tablet are not as good on the consoles, but they don't take much effort to start up and play as the consoles either. The next Gen consoles look like bad ideas being implemented on what was fun systems so I may pass on the next consoles and stick with tablets and PCs for gaming also.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
I'm still not buying the 8 core 1.6Ghz numbers, so believing the All-Seeing-Eye Kinect 2.0 being forced into everyones home to run the X-Box 3.0 doesn't seem logical.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Here's my guess ...

The interface will be controlled by Kinect. Seems unlikely you would "have" to use it though. I would suspect you could also use a controller.

G

[citation][nom]Rahbot[/nom]Im glad im not buying any Next-Gen Consoles. I bought 2 PS3's and they both broke in the warranty period and sony wouldnt get them fixed. Wanted to charge me 150$ for each one. glad I bought a GTX 570 so I can play any and all DX11 games with ease.[/citation]

GTX570 FTW!!!!!! :)

atikkur

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
Next-Gen PC Games Wont Run Without Oculus Rift.... i see PC on the rise, yeaahh, wont buy next consoles... absolutely saving for the VR.

SinisterSalad

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
[citation][nom]anxiousinfusion[/nom]Report: New Xbox will drink directly out of the milk carton, borrow and crash your car.[/citation]
Fabulous, now the machines are taking MY job, too!

JustLurking

Distinguished
May 23, 2012
I can't be the only one who reads the news about hackers accessing webcams over the internet and peeking into our kids rooms anytime they want.

Until they get that problem solved, I'll have to pass on this.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
At least it comes included in the package. Taping a piece of paper in front of the camera when the console is not being used is a solution to those who worry about privacy, or put the kinect facing down. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I do this with laptops anyway (tape on the camera).

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
probably so they can try to match a face to an xbox live profile, i had heard they want more revenue by only allowing the person who has the account to acess it, so like now when my wife wants to watch netflix in the livign room with the xbox 360 the kinect would see it wasn't me and make her pay for her own subscription to xbox live to use the function.... wankers... guess i won't be buying one

G

If your 12-17 yrs old this is good news, for the rest of us that game on PC, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.