Tags:
  • Future Article Ideas
  • Chrome
  • Google
  • Apple
  • Tom's Hardware
Last response: in Site Feedback
May 20, 2010 3:59:08 PM

It's Day 2; so how come we have not heard a bleep of the Google I/O news on Tom's yet?

Nothing about Chrome OS App store, etc.

(Where as any minor bleeps from Apple WDC get posted... I'm not making any accusations...)

More about : google

May 20, 2010 4:14:31 PM

LOL. I guess the Editors are too busy covering the Mac/Apple stuff.....
May 20, 2010 5:19:05 PM

The topic has been sent forward for recommendation. Thanks!
Related resources
May 20, 2010 7:00:01 PM

Shadow703793 said:
LOL. I guess the Editors are too busy covering the Mac/Apple stuff.....

Not making any accusations, but if this was Apple WDC, there would be at least a dozen news articles (*cough* covering like just 5 topics *cough*) by now...

Here's the current I/O News
* Chrome OS Apps
* Android 2.2 SDK is released
* Sony Google TV
* Flash 10.1 beta
* Froyo browser is fastest mobile browser (without server side compression)

I'm gonna take a wild guess that we'll see more iphone news before we even get one Google I/O news...

Update:
my bold predictions came true! LOL!
May 20, 2010 8:18:03 PM

That is so funny that you said that. I just posted that question in the iphone story comments. Oh iphone might get a camera. First they already posted the picture yesterday, and second Android just stomped a whole in Apple. With flash, serverside compression, open standard. and smoking fast os. I dont see apple being the dominate phone for long. Of course how could they be it takes them 4 generations to allow tethering on a phone.
May 20, 2010 8:27:34 PM

I am far from the only one but I am sick of the "I" crap, the articles and the stupid fan boys are salt in the wounds. I have been a reader of THG since I was in the 6th grade (2003) and this place has changed a lot since then. As for Apple it would actually be a service if they were dealt with and either bought out or go belly up when the next round in the global financial crisis comes along. I am sick of their closed practices and elitist mentality (big brother knows best) even Micro$oft isn't that bad and they are owned by genocidal megalomaniacs.
May 20, 2010 9:00:40 PM

Yeah, they have really taken the site down hill fast. Killing off toms games, toms guide is a joke, and then they were biased for intel, and now all the apple stuff. I just dont know anymore. This is the site that taught me how to build a computer, and I dont really want to leave, but they banned me once already for complaining about apple stuff. I think I just need to pack my bags and go.

I hear you I started reading this when I built my first computer in college. It has to be almost ten years ago.
May 20, 2010 9:29:29 PM

tokenz said:
Yeah, they have really taken the site down hill fast. Killing off toms games, toms guide is a joke, and then they were biased for intel, and now all the apple stuff. I just dont know anymore. This is the site that taught me how to build a computer, and I dont really want to leave, but they banned me once already for complaining about apple stuff. I think I just need to pack my bags and go.
Back in the day, it was Tom's Hardware, not software. Tom's is where I go to find the guide for the best for the money graphic card and cpus. That pretty much excludes apple products... But you can't blame them for branching out/selling the name to BoM.

Well, I don't mind them covering all technology news, which includes Apple. But when there's an event like Google I/O, and they completely ignore it, where as Apple WDC coverage is ridiculous, can they really hide behind the "if you don't like it, don't read it defense" ? So no one at Tom's wants to cover the Google I/O event because Google's "don't be evil" is bullshit? If Tom's wants to cover the news, then cover the news! The news today is Google I/O, and yet Apple's iPhone front facing camera is more important? This is nuts. Once again, I'm not making any accusation of "fanboiism."

P.S. They banned me once before for a day (which lasted actually 3.5 days) for jokingly alleging that i4i is patent troll, which they historically are. Remember the guide on how to edit posts? Yup, that was me in the image. Did I really deserve a ban for making a cheesy joke that's actually on topic and not another one of those "crysis" jokes?
May 21, 2010 7:04:13 AM

tokenz said:
Killing off toms games

FWIW: Tom's Games was killed off because, to put it bluntly, it was unpopular.
!