p5w dh deluxe + crossfire

Pippen101

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Alright here is my question,

p5w dh deluxe has the intel 975x chipset. I read on the ati website that with this chipset and two X1800 GTO that I could just plug the two cards in and not use a dongle/internal cable for a crossfire solution. Read it here: http://ati.amd.com/technology/crossfire/howitworks.html

When i set it up loaded XP she failed to boot, hung on XP loading screen. I could boot into safe mode

So my question becomes, does this work? Anyone have this working?

MasterOfDisaster

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
If you want twin gpus i think you should look for nvidia solutions.Plus the asus board is not a pure crossfire board..i think that only msi has a true crossfire board...

Pippen101

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Alright I got it running with both GPUs. My first problem was that I tried to run it with xp SP1. You need SP2 to make it work.

Works like a dream, no ugly cable or an internal dongle with 975x chipset and both x1800 GTOs.

octop8

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
If you want twin gpus i think you should look for nvidia solutions.Plus the asus board is not a pure crossfire board..i think that only msi has a true crossfire board...

I've been running X1950XTX on my P5W for 6 weeks now, with a dongle. No issues at all, other than slow startup times due to the fact that you must have ATICCC load up at Windows in order for crossfire to be enabled (maybe there is a workaround but I haven't discovered it yet).