webcam on old pc with no usb....

Hi,

We have an old pc running for msn. The thing does not have a usb port.
Works fine, but we want a webcam. As they are all usb (????) we need a
solution.

Ideas?

Hans

Dmo

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

"we" <noonallREMOVETHIS@ANDTHISALSOhotmail.com> wrote

> Hi,
>
> We have an old pc running for msn. The thing does not have a usb port.
> Works fine, but we want a webcam. As they are all usb (????) we need a
> solution.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Hans

Hardware:
Option 1: buy a USB PCI card. Usually they come with 2 or 3 USB ports. Very
easy to install.
Option 2: if your motherboard has a USB header, you can buy a bracket which
will plug into the header and provide a few USB ports (can be awkward, since
different motherboards have different pin configurations).

Software:
As long as you're running Windows 98 or later, you'll be fine. If you're
running Windows 95, then you'll need to install the USB update. I should
have the file somewhere, if you need it.

HTH
David

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 11:13:02 +0200, "we"
<noonallREMOVETHIS@ANDTHISALSOhotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We have an old pc running for msn. The thing does not have a usb port.
>Works fine, but we want a webcam. As they are all usb (????) we need a
>solution.
>
>Ideas?
>
>Hans

several choises:

1) add a USB card to the computer

2) Add an analog capture card to the computer and use an analog
cam.

3) Get a parallel port cam at the below link:

http://www.compgeeks.com/products.asp?cat=VID