Sign in with
Your question

ATI hmmmmm wats up with these cards

Last response: in Overclocking
November 24, 2006 7:01:44 PM

I have an Asus ATI X850 XT Platinum (PCIe) and a gigabyte 9600pro (AGP)

The problem with both cards is I can not run benchmark apps like 3dmark 2003 or 2005. Most games also keep crashing to desktop.

If I run 3dmard 2003 or 2005 I keep getting a texture corruption error and if I run aquamark the benchmark get all the way to the end and then I get this long error message saying something about thread could not write to something because it can not access memory xyz@$%#$%.

I have the latest motherboard drivers loaded and the latest ATI drivers loaded. I did try with older drives and the same thing happens. One PC is running win xp home and the other win xp pro with the latest DX9 download.

I am not overclocking anything and the temps of the card don’t go higher than 80 – 85C. What is up with these ATI card? Are the damaged? If so how can I test them?
8O :evil: 

More about : ati hmmmmm wats cards

November 24, 2006 7:35:17 PM

Quote:

I am not overclocking anything and the temps of the card don’t go higher than 80 – 85C. What is up with these ATI card? Are the damaged? If so how can I test them?
8O :evil: 

80-85C??? wow, start cookin eggs on them babies.. thats too hot IMO
November 24, 2006 8:12:54 PM

Yep, it could help if you take of the cooler, clean the heatsink and core. And then put some new AS5 on the core and put the heatsink back up.

Should lower the temps.
Related resources
November 24, 2006 8:19:14 PM

It might not be anything to do with the cards but you may have some software or something that is causing the software to not work properly. I know this because I ran the 3D mark benchmarks straight after I built my latest PC fine with no probs, recently I tried running 3D mark again to test my performance was still good but it didn't run and came up with an error. I wiped my hard drive today, re-installed XP and ran the benchmarks fine.
November 24, 2006 10:02:58 PM

ok i downloaded ATITool and installed it on the PC with the x850xt in it. I set the fan to stay at 100%, holy crap is it load, but the ide temp is now 40/42C and durning benchmarking the temps don't go above 64C.

the card scores:

6631 - 3D mark2005
13152 - 3D mark 2003

I still can not get Aquamark to complete a test, i keep getting this error

what is wrong here anyone know????
!