Microsoft Has Sold 76 Million Xbox Consoles to Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
'46 million Xbox Live accounts'

So many fools. Why pay for online? It's the only platform that requires you to pay to play online, it's ridiculous.

edlivian

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
i live in a year round cold area, and three out of four 360's rrod on me.

I wonder what its like in a warmer climate.

It has to be one of the biggest blunders in manufacturing history not to take a company down with it.

cercuitspark

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
[citation][nom]edlivian[/nom]i live in a year round cold area, and three out of four 360's rrod on me.I wonder what its like in a warmer climate.It has to be one of the biggest blunders in manufacturing history not to take a company down with it.[/citation]

I have one Xbox 360 from launch and one Xbox 360 Slim... Can you guess which of them that failed? None of them, they are still just as good as when i got them. On the other hand, my PS3 died in it's first year. Get over it troll..

cercuitspark

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
[citation][nom]blubbey[/nom]'46 million Xbox Live accounts'So many fools. Why pay for online? It's the only platform that requires you to pay to play online, it's ridiculous.[/citation]

Depends on what you want... I'm gladly paying 25£ (or more) for 12 months to get a stable and secure online service...

susyque747

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]Thanks, RROD.[/citation]
Beat me to it, I was going to say "Microsoft Has Sold 76 Million Xbox Consoles to Date" of which 26 million still work.

Spooderman

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
This is no "get over it, troll." He's not a troll. A failure rate of 40 fucking percent is very disappointing. Maybe they should have taken more time to apply the thermal paste better. [citation][nom]cercuitspark[/nom]I have one Xbox 360 from launch and one Xbox 360 Slim... Can you guess which of them that failed? None of them, they are still just as good as when i got them. On the other hand, my PS3 died in it's first year. Get over it troll..[/citation]

edlivian

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
[citation][nom]cercuitspark[/nom]I have one Xbox 360 from launch and one Xbox 360 Slim... Can you guess which of them that failed? None of them, they are still just as good as when i got them. On the other hand, my PS3 died in it's first year. Get over it troll..[/citation]

I am a 360 gamer, not sure why i am getting called out for saying that I had three units fail on me. I have a ps3 but its gathering dust, since i only use it for streaming videos over my network or to watch BD.

Cazalan

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Always on Kinect!

There is no way I would install this in my house.

Microsoft gives the gov backdoor keys to all their software.
24/7 video surveillance in your own house. No thanks.

IAmVortigaunt

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
[citation][nom]Cazalan[/nom]Always on Kinect! There is no way I would install this in my house. Microsoft gives the gov backdoor keys to all their software. 24/7 video surveillance in your own house. No thanks.[/citation]

Where does it say "Always on Kinect"...

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]edlivian[/nom]i live in a year round cold area, and three out of four 360's rrod on me.I wonder what its like in a warmer climate.It has to be one of the biggest blunders in manufacturing history not to take a company down with it.[/citation]
Ever since the Jasper chipset the RROD problem fell off to almost zero, harping on about RROD then saying Xbox is badly made is like saying you hate Windows 7 because you once had a BSOD on Windows 95

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
God I LOVE all the X-Box boys rage on my previous comment.
Keep ripping your asses apart, kids, you bring true delight to me by doing so.

P.S. BTW, how's your RROD (and "deliberate disc scratching if console's moved a little during the usage") doing? :3

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]Thanks, RROD.[/citation]
god knows i am on my 7th, 3rd i had to buy... this one breaks im not useing xbox again till emulation.

[citation][nom]blubbey[/nom]'46 million Xbox Live accounts'So many fools. Why pay for online? It's the only platform that requires you to pay to play online, it's ridiculous.[/citation]

key word... live account... no mention of gold accounts only.
you want to get a demo, you need to sign up for a silver account
you want dlc, you need a silver account.

[citation][nom]master_chen[/nom]>76 millions....wake me up when it beats my GODLIKE PS 2 (in other words - never).[/citation]

the xbox was only bought for videogames.
how many ps2s were sold just because they were the cheapest way to get a dvd player?
hell my parrents got a ps3 for the family because it was at the time the cheapest bluray player, and could play games, but how many bought one because till recent years it was the best and cheapest bluray player?

the 360 also has inflated numbers because some people did buy a second or in my case third because we fell out of warrantys.

[citation][nom]redgarl[/nom]How many of them have been replacements...?For the first 2 years of production, the failure rate was as high as 40%, so of course it is not negligeable.[/citation]

it was over 60% actually.

[citation][nom]cercuitspark[/nom]I have one Xbox 360 from launch and one Xbox 360 Slim... Can you guess which of them that failed? None of them, they are still just as good as when i got them. On the other hand, my PS3 died in it's first year. Get over it troll..[/citation]

yea i had 6 360s fail, 3 to red ring, 1 to video being corrupt, 1 to a dvd drive failure to open again, and one to faulty chipset that would fail to even load some games (bioshock) but play others fine
1 ps3 fail, yellow light, the red ring equivalent.
and 1 wii fail (due to lazer)

the wii and ps3 have less than 10% (i believe wii less than 5) failure rate, while the 360 at one point was over 75% and only recently managed to get lower than 40%

[citation][nom]cercuitspark[/nom]Depends on what you want... I'm gladly paying 25£ (or more) for 12 months to get a stable and secure online service...[/citation]

and i play on the pc where paying for anything outside of an mmo is suicide, and even mmos are failing to live on payed service... i shouldn't have to pay for crap when the multiplayer component is p2p

[citation][nom]Spooderman[/nom]This is no "get over it, troll." He's not a troll. A failure rate of 40 (sanction avoiding censor) percent is very disappointing. Maybe they should have taken more time to apply the thermal paste better.[/citation]

[citation][nom]IAmVortigaunt[/nom]Where does it say "Always on Kinect"...[/citation]

latest rumor broken on kotaku, the 720 will require a kinect to be on and function for the system to even be turned on. the rumor also says that they will have a kinect bundled with every new system, and looking ant how well the software for the kinect sells (people who bought the kinect bought the party games) and they are doing the math saying if just dance (what is the rock band version) sells 2-3 million, is kinect only and we only sold 5 million, what if every one had one... we would get ALL THE MONEY...

the rumor that it will be required to even start the console doesn't seem all that far fetched when you look at the numbers and what they want to try to do (have a wii like success)

[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Ever since the Jasper chipset the RROD problem fell off to almost zero, harping on about RROD then saying Xbox is badly made is like saying you hate Windows 7 because you once had a BSOD on Windows 95[/citation]

or because we suffered so many rrods prior to that chipset (and me the day, THE DAY i got one with it, it rrod... less than 3 hours of use) that we cant trust them and dont like them for that reason.

oh, and the jasper chipset that replaced the one that rroded, that after i believe 1 year had a video error that corrupted everything on screen.

and lets be more honest, its like if windows 95 and windows 7 were both called the same thing, both looked like the same thing, and EVERYTHING ELSE, except one bosd on an hourly basis and one was stable for moths in between restarts, but the only way you could know for sure which you have is if you are able to decrypt the serial number.

[citation][nom]master_chen[/nom]God I LOVE all the X-Box boys rage on my previous comment.Keep ripping your asses apart, kids, you bring true delight to me by doing so.P.S. BTW, how's your RROD (and "deliberate disc scratching if console's moved a little during the usage") doing? :3[/citation]

im honestly shocked how many are here on this site.

woodenbear

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010
I loved the fact that 78 million Xbox consoles have been sold and the fact that most people had to buy the damn thing about three times average because of them breaking down. This not mention the hundreds of dollars in games the the first Xbox 360 ruined. I was just reading the Xbox 720 won't work without Kinect weird. I will buy a PS4 after the prices come down as I paid $700.00 for a CECHA01 when they first come out then they dropped to $299.00. So this time I will wait

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]woodenbear[/nom]I loved the fact that 78 million Xbox consoles have been sold and the fact that most people had to buy the damn thing about three times average because of them breaking down. This not mention the hundreds of dollars in games the the first Xbox 360 ruined. I was just reading the Xbox 720 won't work without Kinect weird. I will buy a PS4 after the prices come down as I paid $700.00 for a CECHA01 when they first come out then they dropped to $299.00. So this time I will wait[/citation]

meh, you can get games resurfaced, it costs 3-5$
the xbox, even the worst scratches are at most 2 layers (resurfacing can go 4 layers before nothing else can be done.)

Status
Not open for further replies.