HeH8tzMe

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2006
I just purchased this mobo from Newegg for my C2D build. Everything I've read has been fairly positive until I wandered over to the eVGA forums.

It seems like everyone and their brother is having issues with this Mobo. Has anybody here had any problems or issues with this board?

Thanks,
Worried One

HeH8tzMe

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2006
Yea I saw a review on the board and pictures of the North & South Bridge chips with the heatsinks removed. Needless to say I'll be replacing the stock thermal gunk with some AS5!

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
If it were assembled in Mexico it would have probably been done correctly... I'd be more worried if it were assembled in America by some lazy union worker... thankfully, I don't know of any motherboards that are actually manufactures in the states.

adonlude

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2006
If it were assembled in Mexico it would have probably been done correctly... I'd be more worried if it were assembled in America by some lazy union worker... thankfully, I don't know of any motherboards that are actually manufactures in the states.

Oh yea, Mexico is the epitome of quality manufacturing, dont make me laugh. Cant think of many things that are manufactured in both the USA and in Mexico but one is the Fender Stratocaster and any guitarist knows that the cheapest and lowest quality Strats come from Mexico.

adonlude

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2006

Oh yea, Mexico is the epitome of quality manufacturing, dont make me laugh. Cant think of many things that are manufactured in both the USA and in Mexico but one is the Fender Stratocaster and any guitarist knows that the cheapest and lowest quality Strats come from Mexico.

ReliReli

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Had the board for a couple weeks and it's been running beautifully so far. The chipset (NB, at least) idles at about 56 degrees with the fan installed, but I haven't had any problems or seen any excessive thermal paste on it. I might check it later but as of now it's A-OK.

G

plus with the nail polish of zalman, you won't repeat the same mistake =)

HeH8tzMe

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2006
Thanks for the info! I didnt even think about the conductive properties of AS5... I also bought the Zalman CNPS9700. I can just use the thermal grease that came with it! Granted I'll be extremely careful with it!

Thanks again!
If anyone else has imput on this board, please continue to post it!

hatsurfer

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
The only issue I had was with the 8800's in Sli. EVGA has since released a BIOS beta patch that has since solved the problem. I am using Raid 0 and it's been running well for me. I wouldn't worry too much. The bunching placement of the IDE, power, and system jumpers is a bit crammed. I made a pretty neat job of it though just took some time with wire placement. I am having good success o/c'ing this board.