Windows 7 will not install on SATA 6 RAID 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sitheis

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Hey. In need of help!! I'm trying to do a fresh install of windows 7 and it wont recognize my hard drives. I've done some research and determined i need the correct drivers, but i don't know which ones. I'm trying to install them on 3 WD3000HLFS in RAID 0. The HDD are plugged into SATA 6 ports( only 2 SATA 3 ports on the mobo). Someone please help me!

Configuration:
GA-890FXA-UD5
AMD phenom X6 1100T
8g Hyperkingston X 1600
3 WD3000HLFS
2 ATI 6950
1000W Silent PRO (Cool Master)

Solution
I think I'm missing something. You have 3 disks and you're talking about the SATA III (6GB) controller with only 2 ports. You cannot create an array across two different disk controllers. So I'm guessing you've created the RAID 0 array on the SATA II (3GB) controller? Or do you still have yet to do so?

Either way, a CD should have come with the motherboard containing RAID controller drivers for both controllers for Windows. You can download them from the Gigabyte website if you don't have the disk.

When you start the Windows install, you should get a prompt to insert the disk (almost right away) for the RAID controllers. Have you gotten to this step?

I think I'm missing something. You have 3 disks and you're talking about the SATA III (6GB) controller with only 2 ports. You cannot create an array across two different disk controllers. So I'm guessing you've created the RAID 0 array on the SATA II (3GB) controller? Or do you still have yet to do so?

Either way, a CD should have come with the motherboard containing RAID controller drivers for both controllers for Windows. You can download them from the Gigabyte website if you don't have the disk.

When you start the Windows install, you should get a prompt to insert the disk (almost right away) for the RAID controllers. Have you gotten to this step?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.