System Restore vs "last known good configuration".

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Microsoft
  • System Restore
  • Windows XP
December 30, 2004 1:47:21 PM

A question, what's the difference between using "last known good
configuration" and System Restore? I used the former recently after some
problems, it's now working perfectly and I lost nothing.

--

Kenny

More about : system restore good configuration

Anonymous
December 30, 2004 2:14:15 PM

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:47:21 -0000, Kenny wrote:

> A question, what's the difference between using "last known good
> configuration" and System Restore? I used the former recently after some
> problems, it's now working perfectly and I lost nothing.

LKG is similar to System Restore. It concentrates only on the system
configuration and drivers (vs System Restore monitoring all system folders
including the desktop) and is a snapshot of the last time that the computer
booted successfully.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User