System Restore vs "last known good configuration".

A question, what's the difference between using "last known good
configuration" and System Restore? I used the former recently after some
problems, it's now working perfectly and I lost nothing.

--

Kenny
1 answer Last reply

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:47:21 -0000, Kenny wrote:

    > A question, what's the difference between using "last known good
    > configuration" and System Restore? I used the former recently after some
    > problems, it's now working perfectly and I lost nothing.

    LKG is similar to System Restore. It concentrates only on the system
    configuration and drivers (vs System Restore monitoring all system folders
    including the desktop) and is a snapshot of the last time that the computer
    booted successfully.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Configuration Microsoft System Restore Windows XP