Status
Not open for further replies.

But doesn't preclude me from asking, presumably. I had my reasons for asking, which can't be posted publicly and Aford has answered my question. However, it hadn't have occurred to me that age and experience would be less important than length of membership.

randomizer

Champion

That is not the case. The point I was making is that due to your short membership it's unlikely that you've been "noticed" enough to be at the top of anyone's suggestion list. We don't know your age, nor do we know your experience. We aren't mind readers. We see hundreds of people every week who come and go pretty quickly, and don't pay particular attention to individuals unless they're causing trouble. On occasion we get people who ask how to become moderators who've been registered for a couple of weeks, and clearly we can't evaluate them in such a short period. While your membership is slightly longer, the same principle applies.

Thanks for the clarification chaps. I can see the point about people coming and going - where I've Modded in the past, I've often followed up on the Disappeared to try to find the reasons for leaving but differences couldn't always be reconciled. I'd hope not to stand out to the point of being noticed by the Mods :D and there's only one Board where I thought some help might come in handy. Maybe I'll still be around in a year and things may have changed a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.