I've just been told off - again!

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

I am sure I am not alone in getting neomails on a fairly regular basis
telling me off for one thing or another, usually the prices of stuff in
my shop.

Depending on my mood, I ignore them, block them or mail them back
telling them to mind their own.

But I tell you what does bug me is being told off by kids who who cannot
mail back because they don't have parental permission and it got me
thinking. Why should they be able mail me, and sometimes quite nastily
at that when I cannot reply? So what I recon is that if mummy and daddy
haven't given permission for their little darlings receive mail then
they most certainly should not be allowed to send it.

We need to be protected too!

Les wrote:
> I am sure I am not alone in getting neomails on a fairly regular basis
> telling me off for one thing or another, usually the prices of stuff in
> my shop.
>
> Depending on my mood, I ignore them, block them or mail them back
> telling them to mind their own.
>
> But I tell you what does bug me is being told off by kids who who cannot
> mail back because they don't have parental permission and it got me
> thinking. Why should they be able mail me, and sometimes quite nastily
> at that when I cannot reply? So what I recon is that if mummy and daddy
> haven't given permission for their little darlings receive mail then
> they most certainly should not be allowed to send it.
>
> We need to be protected too!

I agree!

--
So long my unfairweather friend. I leave you here. Under the cloud where
the sidewalk ends. - Cindy Alexander

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am sure I am not alone in getting neomails on a fairly regular basis
> telling me off for one thing or another, usually the prices of stuff in
> my shop.
>
> Depending on my mood, I ignore them, block them or mail them back
> telling them to mind their own.
>
> But I tell you what does bug me is being told off by kids who who cannot
> mail back because they don't have parental permission and it got me
> thinking. Why should they be able mail me, and sometimes quite nastily
> at that when I cannot reply? So what I recon is that if mummy and daddy
> haven't given permission for their little darlings receive mail then
> they most certainly should not be allowed to send it.
>
> We need to be protected too!

they shouldn't be able to contact you at all if they don't have parental
permission (my neighbour's kids can't neomail at all), something fishy there

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am sure I am not alone in getting neomails on a fairly regular basis
> telling me off for one thing or another, usually the prices of stuff in
> my shop.
>
> Depending on my mood, I ignore them, block them or mail them back
> telling them to mind their own.
>
> But I tell you what does bug me is being told off by kids who who cannot
> mail back because they don't have parental permission and it got me
> thinking. Why should they be able mail me, and sometimes quite nastily
> at that when I cannot reply? So what I recon is that if mummy and daddy
> haven't given permission for their little darlings receive mail then
> they most certainly should not be allowed to send it.
>
> We need to be protected too!

Yes! Totally unfair that the little twerps can pour on abuse and not be
told why it's inappropriate. Have you given any thoughts on reporting the
message, or making the suggestion to TNT? Making the suggestion would be
good, but, depending on the message, it might be overkill to report it I
guess.

daramark

daramark

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am sure I am not alone in getting neomails on a fairly regular basis
> telling me off for one thing or another, usually the prices of stuff in
> my shop.
>
> Depending on my mood, I ignore them, block them or mail them back
> telling them to mind their own.
>
> But I tell you what does bug me is being told off by kids who who cannot
> mail back because they don't have parental permission and it got me
> thinking. Why should they be able mail me, and sometimes quite nastily
> at that when I cannot reply? So what I recon is that if mummy and daddy
> haven't given permission for their little darlings receive mail then
> they most certainly should not be allowed to send it.
>
> We need to be protected too!

I've never gotten any neomails like the ones you're describing, but I think
you're much more of a power player and shop owner than I am. I agree with you -
if you cannot neomail certain players, then they should not be able to neomail
you. I do think you should mention it to the Neopets team. It doesn't matter
how old or tough you might be, or whether the comment made is true or not, it
still leaves an impression. Who wants to have that in the back of your mind? I
certainly don't.

Have you ever mentioned your Neopets username? I've always been interested in
checking out your shop and user lookup. Please post it unless you'd rather keep
it private.

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

~Kerry~ [kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com] said

> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I am sure I am not alone in getting neomails on a fairly regular basis
> > telling me off for one thing or another, usually the prices of stuff in
> > my shop.
> >
> > Depending on my mood, I ignore them, block them or mail them back
> > telling them to mind their own.
> >
> > But I tell you what does bug me is being told off by kids who who cannot
> > mail back because they don't have parental permission and it got me
> > thinking. Why should they be able mail me, and sometimes quite nastily
> > at that when I cannot reply? So what I recon is that if mummy and daddy
> > haven't given permission for their little darlings receive mail then
> > they most certainly should not be allowed to send it.
> >
> > We need to be protected too!
> >

> they shouldn't be able to contact you at all if they don't have parental
> permission (my neighbour's kids can't neomail at all), something fishy there

That's interesting. But I have just checked again in case I miss-read it
and when I hit the send button I get a new screen up saying...

"ERROR : That person cannot receive neomessages as they have not
received parental permission to play the site."

I don't however get that red warning up that would normally tell you
that you are wasting your time before you start, as your neomail cannot
be received for the specified reason.

A neopet bug perhaps?

<I wonder why the spell checker wants to change "neomail" to "menial"?>

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

daramark [dara.butler@sympatico.ca] said
> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I am sure I am not alone in getting neomails on a fairly regular basis
> > telling me off for one thing or another, usually the prices of stuff in
> > my shop.
> >
> > Depending on my mood, I ignore them, block them or mail them back
> > telling them to mind their own.
> >
> > But I tell you what does bug me is being told off by kids who who cannot
> > mail back because they don't have parental permission and it got me
> > thinking. Why should they be able mail me, and sometimes quite nastily
> > at that when I cannot reply? So what I recon is that if mummy and daddy
> > haven't given permission for their little darlings receive mail then
> > they most certainly should not be allowed to send it.
> >
> > We need to be protected too!
>

> Yes! Totally unfair that the little twerps can pour on abuse and not be
> told why it's inappropriate. Have you given any thoughts on reporting the
> message, or making the suggestion to TNT? Making the suggestion would be
> good, but, depending on the message, it might be overkill to report it I
> guess.

I have reported messages in the past, but this one was rude rather than
abusive if you know what I mean and, outside of the context of being fed
up with receiving this sort of thing all too frequently, I think someone
else reading it would just think I was a bit sad for making so much of a
fuss over it.

I will pop a suggestion off to TNT though as there can be no harm in
doing that.

"daramark" <dara.butler@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:YqIke.5311

> Yes! Totally unfair that the little twerps can pour on abuse and not be
> told why it's inappropriate. Have you given any thoughts on reporting the
> message, or making the suggestion to TNT? Making the suggestion would be
> good, but, depending on the message, it might be overkill to report it I
> guess.

My suggestion - forward the twerps' emails to TNT... Then create the voodoo
dolls :eek:)

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

~Mikki~ [mikki721@charter.net] said

> Have you ever mentioned your Neopets username? I've always been interested in
> checking out your shop and user lookup. Please post it unless you'd rather keep
> it private.

I have never posted it as it allows me to talk about what I have and
what I do etc without having to think about whether or not it is wise.

But you are not missing much. I have just over 20 trophies and around
165 avatars which I doubt is anything special given that I have been
playing for nearly 5 years. And I wouldn't recommend my shop to anyone
here as I am not in the main a game player so I make my cash by buying
from other people's shops and selling it on with a 10% or 20% markup,
which means most of what I have can be bought cheaper elsewhere. But
that is time consuming work so I haven't been doing much of late as I've
been participating in the war and playing NQII (I want a gold trophy!)
and X-Kings which I am finding is much more fun at the moment. :)

Les wrote:
> I've been participating in the war and playing NQII (I want a gold
> trophy!) and X-Kings which I am finding is much more fun at the
> moment. :)

I've mainly been playing X-kings too. Not finding this war at all fun.

Gareeth

"~Kerry~" <kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I am sure I am not alone in getting neomails on a fairly regular basis
>> telling me off for one thing or another, usually the prices of stuff in
>> my shop.
>>
>> Depending on my mood, I ignore them, block them or mail them back
>> telling them to mind their own.
>>
>> But I tell you what does bug me is being told off by kids who who cannot
>> mail back because they don't have parental permission and it got me
>> thinking. Why should they be able mail me, and sometimes quite nastily
>> at that when I cannot reply? So what I recon is that if mummy and daddy
>> haven't given permission for their little darlings receive mail then
>> they most certainly should not be allowed to send it.
>>
>> We need to be protected too!
>>

> they shouldn't be able to contact you at all if they don't have parental
> permission (my neighbour's kids can't neomail at all), something fishy
> there
okay i was in the wrong, some nut neomailed me 20 times last night with one
statement "you have a DRAIK!!!!" over and over again, i went to reply with a
simple yes and then was going to put him on my block list when i got this
"This user is under thirteen and cannot send Neomails, so they will not be
able to reply!"
IF they can't send neomails what is sitting in my in box 0_o

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

~Kerry~ [kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com] said

> > they shouldn't be able to contact you at all if they don't have parental
> > permission (my neighbour's kids can't neomail at all), something fishy
> > there
> okay i was in the wrong, some nut neomailed me 20 times last night with one
> statement "you have a DRAIK!!!!" over and over again, i went to reply with a
> simple yes and then was going to put him on my block list when i got this
> "This user is under thirteen and cannot send Neomails, so they will not be
> able to reply!"
> IF they can't send neomails what is sitting in my in box 0_o

Well that at least confirms that it is supposed to work like that but it
still doesn't seem quite right to me.

I haven't yet, but I will be shooting off a moan to TNT about it.

--
If you think the war on neopets has been a damp squib then try X-Kings.
It's free, it's fun, the rules are easy and there are battles and gold!

> ~Kerry~ [kpmatias1NOSPAM@hotmail.com] said
>
>> > they shouldn't be able to contact you at all if they don't have
>> > parental
>> > permission (my neighbour's kids can't neomail at all), something fishy
>> > there
>> okay i was in the wrong, some nut neomailed me 20 times last night with
>> one
>> statement "you have a DRAIK!!!!" over and over again, i went to reply
>> with a
>> simple yes and then was going to put him on my block list when i got this
>> "This user is under thirteen and cannot send Neomails, so they will not
>> be
>> able to reply!"
>> IF they can't send neomails what is sitting in my in box 0_o
>
> Well that at least confirms that it is supposed to work like that but it
> still doesn't seem quite right to me.
>
> I haven't yet, but I will be shooting off a moan to TNT about it.

it gets better, i replied to their email and they had no problem replying
right back ( i sent in a bug report)

> Les wrote:
>> I've been participating in the war and playing NQII (I want a gold
>> trophy!) and X-Kings which I am finding is much more fun at the
>> moment. :)
>
> I've mainly been playing X-kings too. Not finding this war at all fun.

I've been getting kicked around on X-kings, but hanging in there.
A lot to be said for having many officers.

Balyn

Balyn wrote:

> I've been getting kicked around on X-kings, but hanging in there.
> A lot to be said for having many officers.

It's been very hard since the new age started. My Gareeth account has
thirteen officers but I am not finding the units help that much when there
is just no gold to be had. It is somewhat easier than the account with no
officers though. Everyone I got addcited to the game is really struggling
now and a few have given up.

Gareeth

> Balyn wrote:
>>
>> I've been getting kicked around on X-kings, but hanging in there.
>> A lot to be said for having many officers.
>
> It's been very hard since the new age started. My Gareeth account has
> thirteen officers but I am not finding the units help that much when there
> is just no gold to be had. It is somewhat easier than the account with no
> officers though. Everyone I got addcited to the game is really struggling
> now and a few have given up.

I had a rather nice response written out and my computer ate itself. o_0
Anyway, my 3rd account (being allowed a max of 3) is sort of an experiment.
I'm not making any attacks with it, and have zero soldiers. Until/unless I
attack,
I'm safe. As gold builds up I'm buying techs (mostly the ones that produce
more gold) and I'll see just how high I can get it before I break down and
make some attacks. It will max out to 200 attack turns, and with that many
I'll
be able to make a few jumps when I do start attacking.

Balyn

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

Danh Diep [diep@shaw.ca] said
> How do you attack people in X-Kings? what is your guild?

Attacking people is what the game is all about so you click on "attack",
pick your victim and then click the go button.

--

Balyn wrote:
> > I'm safe. As gold builds up I'm buying techs (mostly the ones that
> produce more gold) and I'll see just how high I can get it before I
> break down and make some attacks. It will max out to 200 attack
> turns, and with that many I'll
> be able to make a few jumps when I do start attacking.

The safe period only lasts between 24-48 hours. After that even if you have
not attacked it can still vanish.

Gareeth

> Balyn wrote:
>> > I'm safe. As gold builds up I'm buying techs (mostly the ones that
>> produce more gold) and I'll see just how high I can get it before I
>> break down and make some attacks. It will max out to 200 attack
>> turns, and with that many I'll
>> be able to make a few jumps when I do start attacking.
>>
> The safe period only lasts between 24-48 hours. After that even if you
> have not attacked it can still vanish.

:/ Found that one out the hard way last night. Still, he is off to a start.

Balyn