Trying to back up files

I get the following message. Where am I going wrong?

Backup Status
Operation: Backup
Active backup destination: File
Media name: "Backup.bkf created 30/12/2004 at 17:03"

Backup Status
The files for the recovery diskette could not be created. The operation was
aborted.

----------------------

The operation did not successfully complete.

----------------------

Automated System Recovery is not supported in XP Home edition.
Take a look here for more details:

Nepatsfan
"Trevor Appleton" <trevor@weather.4dinternet.co.uk> wrote in
message news:OsW7SLp7EHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

"Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXVIII.com> wrote in message
> Automated System Recovery is not supported in XP Home edition. Take a look
> here for more details:

> Nepatsfan
> "Trevor Appleton" <trevor@weather.4dinternet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> XP Home edition BTW

many thanks ...will give it a go

When using NT Backup in XP HE the destination folder to save the backup in
must be on the HDD. In most cases this is C:\ . Once it is saved to a folder
of your choice you can then copy it to a CD. You should note that NT Backup
does not support disk spanning(stopping the write on one disk and starting it
on another) so you must be sure to save your files in sizes of around 620 MB
or less. Of course you could use a file splitter program but this takes a
great deal of time. NT Backup is not a pratical backup to CD tool. TTFN.

NT Backup is not a pratical backup to CD tool.

....my suspicions confirmed there then!