jstick

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2006
my computer has the 4 white pci slots in it but apparently i cant get a pci card good enough and has pixel shader 1.1 or higher to play a new game that i just bought so my question is will a PCI-E fit into the PCI slot so that the game will work or what should or what can i do to fix this problem?????

sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
my computer has the 4 white pci slots in it but apparently i cant get a pci card good enough and has pixel shader 1.1 or higher to play a new game that i just bought so my question is will a PCI-E fit into the PCI slot so that the game will work or what should or what can i do to fix this problem?????

No. The slots are physically different - you won't be able to plug it in. Your best bet is to buy a motherboard compatible with your existing processor and RAM which has a PCI-E slot. You can probably get one for $50 or so.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Or if you want to keep everything you have now, just get a PCI (not PCI-Express) video card. I think the best one out there is the Visiontek X1300Pro which uses an ATI Radeon chip.

Do you know if there is any AGP port in your motherboard? cuz it might be better to get an AGP card than a PCI card.

Fulmar

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
I had no idea they still made PCI graphics cards. I though they stopped those two years ago.

Learn something new everyday.